Highlighted
Contributor

I AM A FORMER MARINE AND USE ADT FOR INSURANCE AND A SAVINGS ACCOUNT.  I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL OFFERING ADT HOME SECURITY.  I HAD AN ALARM COMPANY BACK IN THE LATE 90s AND SOLD IT TO ADT. THEY MADE ME THE AREA MANAGER BECAUSE THEY DID NOT HAVE AN OFFICE IN WEST TEXAS. I LEARNED VERY QUICKLY THAT ADT'S NUMBER ONE CONCERN IS MONEY AND NUMBERS. IT IS A TERRIBLE COMPANY TO WORK AT AND BE A CUSTOMER OF.  THEY HAVE HEAVY GOALS FOR THEIR SALES PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY RUN ALL THEIR TECHNICIANS OFF BY TREATING THEM LIKE DIRT AND MICROMANAGING THEM. SINCE I LEFT THERE 20 YEARS AGO, THEY HAVE HAD PROBABLY 200 - 300 PERCENT TURNOVER. NOTHING BUT A BUNCH OF KIDS WORKING IN THE LUBBOCK OFFICE.  READ REAL REVIEWS FROM TRUST PILOT, REDDIT AND BBB. DONT LOOK AT THE REVIEWS FROM PC MAG AND SECURITY.ORG WHERE ADT PAYS FOR ADVERTISING. I HAVE MY OWN ALARM COMPANY AGAIN NOW AND ADT IS ON OF MY BEST SALES PEOPLE. I HAVE QUITE A FEW OF THEIR OLD CUSTOMERS.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

I recently discontinued ADT services. My alarm monitoring fees were reduced by about 60% with the new company. When I called ADT to cancel, they offered me "promotional" rates to stay with their service. It appears they gradually increase the fees for their long-time customers. It appears long-standing customers may be subsidizing the lower rates paid by new customers.

In addition, ADT billed us for 30 days of service after the date I called to terminate, even thought they are providing no services to us over those 30 days. This hardly seems fair.

I'd suggest anyone who leaves ADT coordinate the departure so their service ends slightly before or with the last day of their billing cycle. I'd also suggest seriously shopping around for monitoring services. Most people should be able to find much less expensive alternatives to ADT.

Highlighted

@C130BNav, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.  I am sharing your concerns with our business partners.  They will research your matter further along with following up with you.  They will contact you within 1 to 2 business days.  ~ Robert

Highlighted
Wow, you are not kidding! I am with ADT and it has been a nightmare!!! The sales DEPT is with Home Defenders and talk about bait and switch, they are pros!! ADT will not get involved until the service is up and running this brings me to the situation at hand, every month it has been an issue and every month I have to open my door to them to come out and fix their stuff however when I have asked numerous times to be compensated for this horrible experience nobody ever calls me back!!
Also my alarms went off and I was NEVER notified and ADT could not tell me why they never called me yet they silenced my alarm!
Are you in San Antonio and if so what is name of your company?
Highlighted

@CakePie, I hate to hear you are having issues with your ADT service. I would like to assist you with with this matter by submitting a request for a subject matter expert follow-up with you. Please expect contact within 2-3 business days. -LeKisha