55% Increase in Homeowners Insurance over 3 years NO CLAIMS

Highlighted
Contributor

It started with USAA inflating the rebuild cost of my home almost 45% and now the Insurance has skyocketed 55% since 2017! Someone is getting rich and it is not me. anyone else feel screwed?

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

I am sorry to hear @Mel7a8 about your homeowners insurance premium.  I'd be happy to assist you in reviewing your policy in more depth by sending me a Private Message.  When ready, please go to your inbox to initiate a PM so we may better assist you in reviewing and addressing your concerns.  ~ Marco

Highlighted
Marco- there is NO WAY to private message from my end-
I know that increases over 10% require approval and notification from Texas Insurance Board so maybe that is the route I should take...55% is absolutely untenable- and I plan to expose and fight this
Highlighted

Hello @Mel7a8, I'd be glad to help guide you in sending a Private Message.  So that we may assist you further, please turn on the private messaging feature. To do this, please click on your user ID in member community.  click on settings > preferences > private messenger > click on the box that  says "turn on private messages."  This will allow us to communicate and keep your information private. Once you have turned on PM's, you can send us a PM by selecting the drop down menu next to your name at the top right of the screen and select  “Send New Message” by clicking the envelope icon in the same drop down.  Please let me know if this works.  ~ Marco

Highlighted

You can easily find cheaper else where...though be warned they will jack your auto ins up 50% too, because they wont be bundled anymore. I got just local home ins and have Geico now for auto - USAA just isnt competitive anymore on rates. 

Highlighted

Shop around.  You can do better than USAA on everything they offer.  USAA is not the company it once was in the past.