20 yrs with USAA and about to cut ties due to new mortgage issues

Highlighted
Contributor

I have just PCSed from Germany, but evidently the "underwriters" want to see my tax documents from 2 years ago... who keeps that in their hand carried?!  And evidently the documents that can be retrieved through the IRS are insufficient...

I keep being asked when the documents will arrive, HHG shipments take anywhere from 2-3 months from overseas, however even once they arrive, I have NO PLACE to have 14k lbs of stuff delivered to get the documents because I won't have a home...

My mortgage coordinator has been helpful, I will say, but again, he simply does not understand the military environment or complexities.. 

This speaks to the larger problem at hand, and something that I am seeing a distinct trend in with comments... clearly NO ONE at USAA understands the military anymore, which I have noticed slowly occuring over the past 5+ years..

Previously (5+ years ago), when calling it, whoever was helping you was prior military... they understood HHG shipments, and overseas moves, and getting a letter signed by "your commander" when you are working on a HHQ staff technically means the 4-star general and that's not exactly an easy thing to just get for some personal financial paperwork...

USAA has become so overly focused on profiteering, they have started to lose sight over those who the bank was meant to serve...  I for one believe it has started to become the behemoth that believes it doesn't need the military member anymore, and can treat its members as it wills..

As I informed my mortgage coordinator, if this mortgage proves to be the undoing, all accounts and ties to USAA will be severed, and I will make every effort to ensure those I know and work with are wary of the failing support that is provided...

I would appreciate an actual "underwriter" him/herself contact me, or someone within management that has the ability to use common sense in my situtation before my tolerance with maltreatment has been breached...

1 REPLY

Highlighted

WJoe759,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I cannot imagine the frustration this has caused in addition to an stressful time; moving from overseas. I apologize for the lack of understanding and you should be hearing from someone shortly to discuss what we can do to make this situation better. Thank you for your membership.