It’s Marine Corps Birthday Week. In celebration, here are some trivia questions to test your knowledge of the U.S. Marine Corps:
1. Who is the only Marine to receive five Navy Crosses?
a. A. A. Cunningham
b. Smedley D. Butler
c. Dan Daly
d. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller
2. The Birthplace of the Marine Corps is Tunn Tavern, Philadelphia, which floor?
3. The Marines wear a blood stripe on their dress blue trousers, this is in memory of those who died at ________________?
a. Battle of Iwo Jima
b. The Battle at Belleau Woods
c. The Battle of Chapultapic
d. The Battle of Chosin Reservoir
4. When was the Marine Corps Emblem adopted and by who?
a. 1868, Brigadier General Jacob Zeilin
b. 1848, Brigadier General Archibald Henderson
c. 1928, Major General John A. Lejeune
d. 1898, Major General Charles Heywood
5. "Semper Fidelis" is the Marine Corps motto. It is Latin for:
a. Always Friendly
b. Always Faithful
c. Always Ready
d. Always Prepared
6. Who was the first Marine aviator and the "father of Marine aviation"?
a. Capt Alfred E. Newman
b. Richie Cunningham
c. Lt Randy Cunningham
d. Capt Alfred A. Cunningham
7. BrigGen Smedley Butler earned two Medals of Honor. Who was the only other Marine awarded two Medals of Honor?
a. SgtMaj John Quick
b. SgtMaj Dan Daly
c. Gen Louis H. Wilson
d. Col Pappy Boyington
How well do you know the Marine Corps? Share your answers in the comments.
Look for the answers to be updated on Friday.
Want to share this trivia with friends? Send them a link to this blog post or use this link from Pinterest! https://pin.it/5GxsKC8
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.