No Purchase Necessary to Participate or Win. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply.
Void where prohibited by law. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The USAA Community Challenge (“Promotion”) is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older on the date of entry. Officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of United Services Automobile Association (“USAA”) and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, or sibling, and their respective spouses) of Released Parties, and those living in their same households are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
2) SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Promotion is United Services Automobile Association (“Sponsor”), 9800 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX 78288. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. As a participant in this Promotion, you understand that you are providing your information to USAA.
3) AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Promotion, regardless of the method of entry, constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Promotion itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion.
4) ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion will begin at 11:00 AM Central Standard Time (“CST”) on November 30, 2017 and end at 9:00 PM CST on December 10, 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
5) HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, eligible participants may enter the Promotion by engaging with USAA produced content highlighting the Army-Navy Game (found on the USAA Community found at www.usaa.com). Eligible actions include:
- Commenting on a blog post or discussion thread
- Kudo (liking) a piece of Army-Navy content
- Creating a blog post sharing your Army-Navy experience
- Starting a discussion thread on the Army-Navy game topic
- Sharing a post on social network(s) using #USAACommunity #ArmyNavy
6) WINNER SELECTION: After the close of the entry period, six (6) potential Promotion winners will be selected based on total engagement by Eligible entrants, to be determined by USAA. There is a limit of one (1) prize per person. Odds of winning each drawing will depend on the number of eligible Promotion entries received and total engagement in Promotion. Excessive posts of a non-substantive nature, bumping posts, “spam-like” behavior, or other activities meant to increase the volume of eligible actions without substantive contribution to the community will, at the discretion of USAA, be disqualified for this Promotion.
7) WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified via email or phone. Winners will have twenty-four (24) hours following notification to respond and provide contact information. If no contact is made winner does not respond and provide contact information within the twenty-four (24)-hour period, such winner will be disqualified and another winner may be randomly selected, at USAA’s discretion.
8) PRIZES: The following prizes are available: Five (five) USAA-branded merchandise items (Approximate retail value $60) and one (1) Pair of tickets to the 2017 Army vs. Navy Football Game (Approximate ticket retail value: $60).
THE VALUE OF THE PRIZES WILL BE TREATED AS INCOME TO THE WINNERS AND THE WINNERS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES. SPONSOR ENCOURAGES YOU TO CONSULT YOUR TAX ADVISOR TO DETERMINE HOW WINNING A PRIZE MAY AFFECT YOUR TAX OBLIGATIONS.
9) PUBLICITY: Winners agree, by entering, that Sponsor and each of its designees may use (unless prohibited by law), entrants’ names, all recognizable images and names, captions, Facebook username, Twitter handle, quotes, cities and states of residence, photographs and/or likenesses for advertising, trade and/or any other purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without further compensation, permission or notification.
10) GENERAL CONDITIONS: The use of script, macro or other automated devices (or any other devices intended to automate or subvert any aspect of entry) to participate in the Promotion is prohibited and any entry through such means is deemed to be ineligible (at Sponsor’s sole discretion and in accordance with these Official Rules). By participating, entrants agree to be bound by Official Rules, agree that Sponsor will contact them via email and Facebook as applicable. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, damaged, inaccurate or undelivered Entries or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider (ISP), phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, Promotion Entries, the announcement of prizes, the cancellation or postponement of the Promotion, for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or other device relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Promotion-related materials. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any Entry at its discretion and entrant will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Released Parties from and against any liability, loss, injury or damage of any kind (including attorney’s fees) to any person or entity including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this Promotion and prize awarded in connection herewith. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend, and/or terminate this Promotion (or portion thereof) for any reason, including if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, or proper administration of the Promotion.
11) CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of Texas, USA.
12) RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Promotion. Entrants agree, by entering that the Released Parties shall have no liability and will be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury or damage to entrant or any other person or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury or death to entrant or any other person or damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in this Promotion. Each entrant agrees: (1) to waive all rights to claim or collect punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages; and (2) that all causes of action relating to this Promotion will be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action.
13) DATA COLLECTION: Any information collected in connection with this Promotion may be used by Sponsor in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy policies and applicable data protection laws. Sponsor’s privacy policies are available at www.usaa.com/privacy. Data obtained may be used for business and promotional purposes.
The trademarks, logos and names of other companies, products and services are the property of their respective owners.