Highlighted
Contributor
I'm trying to make an online primary transfer into my new savings account but it's on hold through the 6th. why is this?

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Hi Kelvin12,

Thank you for your question. Here is what I found in USAA's Depository Agreement (page 30 of the document)

Special Rules for New Accounts

If you are a new account holder, special rules may apply during the first 30 days your account is open.

• Funds received electronically through an ACH credit, deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state, and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of deposit if the checks are payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than U.S. Treasury checks) is not made in person to a FSB employee, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of deposit.
  • Funds from all other check deposits will generally be available no later than the fifteenth business day after the day of deposit

If you want further details about the hold on your funds please contact a member service representative at 1-800-531-8722. Thank you for posting.