Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
I understand you folks have procedure and all that, but I'm sitting here floundering trying to get by waiting for these fraud issues to be resolved and the money I am desperate for to be returned. Also the dispute with Comcast for $354 that I've been dealing with for close to 2 weeks. I love USAA but this issue is really getting to be ridiculous. Especially since most of the fraudulent transactions were pointed out to me by one of YOUR AGENTS. I would really appreciate some sort of conclusion here.

Thank you

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

fraudulent transactions with your debit/checking is a real pain, I never use my debit card except at ATMs.  Using a Credit Card is a better alternative. 

Banks legally have 10 business days to investigate the fraud involving your debit card.  Most may give you a temporary refund earlier, but that is normally dependent on the circumstances and your specific account history.

You can send secure email through your account.  I use that method all the time and always get a response within 24 hours.

You might find this article interesting:

Bank Employee Explains Why It Takes So Dang Long To Process Debit Card Fraud Claims & Disputes… And ...

Highlighted

Dear member,

You can always send us an email or reach us by phone:

E-mail:
Phone Number: #USAA (or #8722)
Call our shortcut number to reach
us from a mobile phone

1-210-531-USAA (or 1-210-531-8722)

1-800-531-USAA (or 1-800-531-8722)
  Hours of Operation

Here is some additional infomration about notifying USAA of a transaction you would like to dispute:

For Credit Card transactions select the transaction and then click on Dispute this Transaction.

For a Debit Card transaction, contact us for assistance. We will be able to provide you with detailed information on what is required to dispute a charge.

You must notify us in writing within 60 days after receipt of the first bill on which the transaction appeared to preserve your rights under the law.

Please include the following information in your letter to USAA:

• Your name, USAA number and the account number.
  • Dollar amount of the disputed transaction.
  • Date the transaction occurred or appeared on your account.
  • Description of the merchandise or service under dispute.
  • Details regarding your dispute.
  • A copy of any documentation, contracts or receipts you may have to support your position.

Thank you!