Highlighted
abcdefg
Contributor

I have to kick myself to be honest.  Pure lethargy keeps me with USAA after 37 years.   I fortunately have to seldom call but am always disappointed in the result of my inquiry.  Today I called to get some basic information on a mortgage.  I must have answered one of their questions incorrectly and the agent summarily informed me that "I locked the account and you have to call back again".  What?   

But again - I don't really blame USAA.  They've just gotten too big and have decidedly forgotten about basic customer service.   I'm not a lazy person, however, and will respond in the only way I can -- 

1 REPLY

@abcdefg,

It's disappointing to hear of your experience. USAA takes security very seriously and have established processes to ensure that our members' personal and financial information remains secure. If a security question is answered incorrectly, they may not have been able to proceed in assisting you. While we realize this may be a minor inconvenience, it is common practice of most financial institutions while conducting business over the phone. You can refer to usaa.com for information about our mortgage products and services. If you still need assistance with a mortgage question, please contact us at 210-531-USAA (8722). We will he happy to assist. Thank you. ~Gus