Highlighted
Contributor
Can someone explain the best way to deposit to my accounts so that the funds clear quickly? I deposited a money order which won't clear until April 10th. What century are we in??

3 REPLIES

Highlighted
I just deposited 3 money orders using deposit@mobile and my funds are already available as if they were checks. We've never had a problem with checks clearing. This is our first time with money orders, but we didn't have a problem. I got them from the post office. I would use deposit@mobile if you have the app and are able. Never any problems on our end!

My wife and I use deposit@home and deposit@mobile all of the time and the funds are always available immediately. I have used the UPS store twice for large deposits and each time the funds were also available immediately. Unfortunately, check and money order fraud has become a huge problem for banks in the last few years and is a leading cause of holds. If your funds are on hold you can call and ask for the hold to be removed. If you have a good history (no NSF or overdrafts, etc.), they may remove the hold. Just be aware, there is no guarantee that they will remove the hold just because you call in. 

Highlighted
I use deposit@home exclusively and I've never noticed a hold on the funds, but we also keep way too much in the checking account, so if funds were held we would probably not notice it.