Flutey1
Contributor

What is the best way to get rid of credit card debt? 

4 REPLIES

Hi @Flutey1, thanks for reaching out! While I'm unable to provide information directly as I'm not a licensed credit advisor, I would recommend reaching out by phone. We have a team of licensed Financial Advisors who may be able to provide some financial advice that will help. You can reach out during regular business hours at 1-800-531-8722, and we'll get you connected. ~Holland

Hi @Flutey1 !

I wanted to add to what Holland suggested. Here are some similar questions from members:

Should you consolidate your debt?

Member Question: Debt Consolidation

Also USAA has a Debt Manager Tool that is intended to help members evaluate their current debt situation and to provide illustrative examples of how to reduce debt based on the basic information entered. You can check it out here (this link requires you to log in).

Best of luck @Flutey1!

@ wrote:

What is the best way to get rid of credit card debt? 

Can't tell from your question the depths of your problem.  But, check out Dave Ramsey and the Baby Steps.  It's the best method I've seen to taker control of your finances, eliminate debt, and build wealth.  Follow the Baby Steps.  They really work!

Yeah I like baby steps too. It’s all basic stuff but they have ordered nicely like goals.