When will USAA get secured credit card to help people build their credit scores

Highlighted
Contributor

There are some reputable sites like https://primarytradeline.com that has Primary Tradelines and secured credit cards to help build your credit scores. It would be nice if USAA offered secured credit cards.  I heard in 2021 from a rep that they will get secured credit cards back.

8 REPLIES

@clsmooth101, we are continuing to work on enhancing the Secured Card product to better fit our members’ needs to build or re-build their credit. Currently, it is not available for new applications. We expect Secured Card applications will return by July 2021. Existing Secured Cards are still available for use without interruption. Thank you. - Rhonda 

Highlighted

Thanks for your response.

Highlighted
Hahahahah. That is the biggest bunch of BS. I'll save you all the headaches of the members who are currently fighting with USAA.

It's been 3 years and counting...so do yourself a favor and run away from USAA as fast as you can.

We were told in 2018 there would be a "temporary" suspension for USAA to make enhancements and improvements. Since then USAA has continued to over promise and under deliver, postponing the re-launch and return of this card and services at least 3 times. Now we're being told a whole extra year when CSR's were promising card holders as recently as last month that it was coming this year. And don't even get me started on my other MAJOR issue with this card regarding its inability to graduate. Additionally, they are lying when they say current card holders can still use their card with out interruptions, bc they took away our ability to make deposits to raise out credit limits.

Do yourself a favor and run away from USAA as fast as you can.

Any local credit union would respond better to their members than USAA has over the last 6 years. It's a shame.

Oh and USAA, I'm still waiting for my call back!!!!
Highlighted
USAA care to respond???
Highlighted

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. At this time we are continuing to work on enhancing the Secured Card product to better fit our members’ needs to build or re-build their credit. Currently, new applications are not being accepted. We expect Secured Card applications will return by July 2021. This is the most current information we have at this time. TY!

Highlighted
No. No. No.

You can't even read my comments and respond properly. It's like your incapable of responding with anything other than your canned robotic response.

Can USAA please have Daniel from the CEO's office get back to me for a status update as it has now been over 2 weeks?!?!
Highlighted

Hello Mark. We forwarded you a response based on the thread you responded from in regards to: Re: When will USAA get secured credit card to help people build their credit scores. We appreciate your clarification for what you are needing and will forward your inquiry to the appropriate department for review. TY!

Highlighted
USAA, still no response. Care to respond to my multiple requests???????? I'm still waiting for my phone call back. Unbelievable.