Highlighted
Suzangela
Contributor

We have three major things that we would like to do, which will all impact our credit scores. 

I need a new car.  My current  car is just about paid off but I need a bigger car.  The one I want will cost roughly [removed sensitive data]. 

We need to consolidate our Credit Cards so that they can be paid off.  We owe roughly [removed sensitive data].00 in credit cards and if we consolidate could easily pay them off in 3 to 4 years. 

We would like to do some home improvements on our new home--top on list is deck in back and some drainage improvements in back yard.  Total should run us around 15,000.00. 

We make a solid income and could easily afford to make payments on all of these things but I am not sure where to start as I know that taking out a loan to consolidate will affect my credit score as will getting a new car loan or a personal loan.  So I am just wondering what the thoughts are on where to start.  Our credit scores run between 735 and 740 and we make around 190,000 a year. 

1 REPLY

@Suzangela, Thanks for reaching out to us. To better assist you with your inquiry, I recommend contacting our bank lending team at 1-210-531-8722. Also, you can use our financial planning tool for further financial advice athttps://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_advice_center/EntAdviceCenter/AdviceCenter?0&SearchRanking=2&SearchLin.... I hope this helps.