NaiNaiNai101
Contributor

USAA has this perfect credit card where I can build my credit and I was going to apply for it because it would be my first credit card (I'm 18 years old and I only have a debit card). It lets you set your own credit limit (from $250-$5000) but it requires a $250 deposit for your CD.

I'm not sure what a CD really is but if I do put that in my CD, would that $250 be my credit limit? If I wanted say a $3000 credit limit, would I have to put $3000 in my CD? 

PLEASE HELP lol. 

1 REPLY

Highlighted

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/bank_cc_secured_card_platinum_visa

I assume you're talking about one of USAA's Secured Cards (link above).  Yes, the amount you put into their Certificate of Deposit (CD) is what your credit limit would be. A CD is a savings certificate with a fixed maturity date, specified fixed (or variable) interest rate and can be issued in any denomination. A CD restricts access to the funds until the maturity date of the investment. Keep in mind that you can't touch the contents in the CD and USAA might have other requirements. You'll also incur in a $35 annual fee for the credit card and have to meet additional requirements before they open one. You best bet is to contact USAA's Credit Department for information. Good luck.