Highlighted

Just curious if anybody knows who abandoned the helm and left Seaman Schmuckatelli in charge?

First hit was this past summer when investment accounts were transferred to a third party with no notice to members or even the folks who answer the phones at USAA. Unbeliveable, really.

So I moved all my investment accounts to somebody who better knows about client expectations.

What is more bothersome in recent months is the lack of availability of a human being (who knows the functionality of their position description). To wit I needed to move my Mom into a skilled nursing facility over xmas and forgot to cancel the auto payment by check for her rent. When I called USAA to cancel the check, the wait times varied from 15 to 30 minutes (Dec 30...a Monday...1000 hrs) to reach a representative and I'm more than over the "We are experiencing higher than normal call volumes" diatribe when it should actually say, "We totally blew it and don't have the staffing to help you. Please accept our apologies for this ineptitude."

After reaching a young lady, it took 20 minutes to get to the point where she didn't know what to do and asked me to try to do it online. Exacerbated to say the least, I asked why it took 20 minutes to find this out and her retort was similar to a smartypants teenager who retorted, "Well, I had to research this for you". I asked to speak to a more competent assistant and that got me nowhere. After another 10 minutes, she concluded that she could not cancel a USAA check sent via autopayment and that I had to do it online away from the mobile app.

OK....not like I didn't have other things to do like emptying out Mom's house...so I saddle in to take care of this only to find out that it cannot be stopped if it is 'in process'. So they've cut the check, it hadn't been cashed, and there's nothing they can do about it? Doesn't make sense so I call again and essentially coach the representative on what needs to be done. $29 later, the check was canceled.

For years, I always rested comfortably knowing that USAA 'had my back'. As of late, it appears they have my back, allright, but more like that of a prison cellmate. Training is in the tank; staffing is short; MAJOR business model changes occur without member awareness; (fill in the blank with your own story).

What in the hel* has happened at the helm of USAA? 

56 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Teamgomez, it's certainly hard to hear about your declining experience with USAA. This isn't the kind of experience we want any of our members to have, and we understand there's some opportunity for improvement on our part. I've submitted your details to the appropriate team for review. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. ~Holland

Highlighted

I find it curious that there is a 'share' button at the top of the page...but is inop. 

Interesting 'bug' that won't allow us to share our stories?

Highlighted

Hi @Teamgomez

I too wish the share button was working. It is on a list of things the Community team is working to fix. In the interim, I have been sharing posts the "old fashion" copy and paste the link method. I apologize that this makes it harder to share your posts. Thank you for taking the time to comment and I hope to have a sharing button update soon.

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Finances/What-Happened-to-OUR-USAA/m-p/222800

Highlighted

Two weeks later and it's still not working Briana.... 

Highlighted

It would be a help if we heard something from someone about this issue form the leadership of USAA. 

Why no comment?

Highlighted

Dear @Tread Head

We will comment when appropriate. Many times, we reach out to members on an individual basis since there are privacy and security concerns. - Jesse 

Highlighted

Thank you for your prompt response.

I just wish there had been more detail. 

Highlighted

No you don't. Quit lying. If you do create a system for joint posts by USAA and the customer. Knock that off. If you can't or won't share it, shut the up and keep it to yourself.

Moderators note: Post has been edited due to Member Community posting guidelines

Highlighted

@U-S-A-A...Sux Thank you for sharing your concerns. I have escalated this to a subject matter expert to review further. They will be following up with you in the next 1 to 2 business days.