Waring about changing date on a credit card payment

Highlighted

On August 14 I went to change my $49 credit card payment from the due date of the 22nd to the 14th to get it paid earlier. Not ever doing this before I click on the date only, not the payment amount, and when the website refreshed my Visa acct showed $0 balance.

When I saw that I was wondering what happened and then I saw the payment was for the full amount not the payment of $49.  I immediately contacted USAA and told them what happened and ask if they could cancel the full balance payment, They told me no.

I called USAA today and explained the situation and was told they would not reverse the $25 charge and accused me of choosing to pay off the balance instead of the $49 payment I was making.

That is when I was told that I needed to choose the payment I want to make again as well as the date. 

SO LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE.   IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOU PAYMENT DATE MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE PAYMENT AMOUNT TOO AND THE ACCT YOU WANT THE PAYMENT TO COME FROM. 

THIS HAS COST MY $115 IN FEES 

1 REPLY

Highlighted

You could dispute the transaction under regulation E, or the Electronic Funds Transfer Act. 

If it was a legitimate error, the bank has 45 days to correct the error. 

If you don't get any satisfaction with that, I'd file a complaint with the Comptroller of the Currency (the federal agency that regulates USAA and other banks).  USAA recently had a consent decree that required them to correct IT deficiencies, and one might think this would be an IT deficiency. 

*Post edited following USAA guidelines*