Highlighted

I noticed on the update for the Android app it said that I should be able to see my Vantagescore but I can't seem to find it. Can you please give me more detail on this? Or can you tell me how I can see it or the score?

65 REPLIES

Highlighted

Jessi m,

I do not have an Android phone so I couldn't see it on mine to tell you. I did find this link which talks about the update in Mobile preview https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/mobile_. I will send this up for more information so we can figure out how to see that VantageScore. Stay tuned. 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Jessi m,

I received a response from USAA banking. Please see below and realize that if your note was just an app udpate vs. an email that perhaps it is just announcing that it is updated and "making room" for the score. Not all members will have this information according to the dates in this response. I hope this helps. 

Beginning Dec. 15, primary and secondary accountholders with a USAA credit card account will be provided with free access to their credit scores on usaa.com and mobile. Initially, access to the free credit score will be provided to approximately 100,000 accountholders in a phased rollout; all primary and secondary accountholders are expected to receive access by early March 2015.

FAQs

Q:   Why is USAA providing a free credit score to credit card holders?

A:    Establishing and maintaining good credit is vital to an individual’s financial security, which is why USAA is providing all members with free access to their scores along with score factors, factor details, and recommendations for each score factor.

Q:   What is a VantageScore Credit Score?

A:    USAA is providing the VantageScore[1] which was developed by the nation's three major Credit Bureaus – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion, who worked together to develop a generic credit scoring model that is regularly revalidated.

Q:   I’m a credit card holder and I don’t have access to my free credit score?

A:    If you have a USAA credit card, you will be receiving an email giving you access to your free credit score in the next few months.

[1] VantageScore® is a registered trademark of VantageScore Solutions, LLC. 

The VantageScore model was developed by the nation's three major Credit Bureaus – Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion, who worked together to develop a generic credit scoring model that is regularly revalidated. With scores ranging from 350 – 850, a lower score indicates to lenders that you may be a higher credit risk, whereas a higher score indicated you may be a lower credit risk score.  The VantageScore provided is intended for educational purposes only. 

Highlighted
For a couple of weeks a VantageScore tile was visible on the top right when viewing each individual credit card under My Accounts on USAA.com. However, as of today, the VantageScore tile is no longer visible. How can I get this information to return? Should I expect to have the VantageScore always be there, or will it come and go? When it was visible, it said the as of date was 31 DEC 14. How often will the VantageScore be updated? Thank you in advance for a response to my questions. This is a great service to USAA customers and I am thankful for all that USAA does to support it's members!
Highlighted
USAA just sent me an email today, 2 March 2015, on how to view the VantageScore. Simple and easy! The only problem is, it doesn't work, no score is displayed! 1. Log on to usaa.com. 2. Select your credit card account from My Accounts Summary. 3. View your score. Someone dropped the ball.
Highlighted

Same, this is another in a series of disappoinments, may have just gotten to big for our own britches

Highlighted
Agree...where did it go? Got to see it only onc time...
Highlighted

Same problem here; got the email about VantageScore available 'soon,' with instructions on how to get it.  There is no score.  This is frustrating!

Highlighted
I have been with USAA for a long time now. This one surprised me....should not have announced until it was up and running. BTW Citi® Double Cash Card has a card that pays a true 2% cash back. 1% when you purchase and 1% when you pay your bill.
Highlighted

Same problem.  No VantageScore.  Somebody in IT screwed up?