Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I'm in between jobs,new job cuts paper check I deposit it,first I asked twice if funds would be available immediately,yes they said,now 8 day hold XXX ,in broke and have family XX usaa

19 REPLIES

Highlighted

Dear Pac12guru,

I am sorry for the trouble you are experiencing with deposits. If you send us a message here we can get someone in touch who can see what can be done about the holds you are experiencing.

Thank you.

*your post has been edited per our moderation guidlines

Highlighted

Pac,

I'm actually suprised they would able to tell you ahead of time (without seeing the checks) that there would be no hold.  How did you deposit it?

For future reference, hold information can be found in the Depository and Disclousure Agreement.

Highlighted
I deposited it at ups store lady there also said no hold,the rep said know hold my new employer had sent penny to confirm account for direct deposit ,for next check,first check was live,
Highlighted

"I deposited it at ups store lady there also said no hold"

If I recall correctly, fund availability information is available on the receipt UPS gives you. 

Highlighted
Family eating roman noodles,2 bills due, car on empty,I work all week,nations largest privately owned company cuts check , I call rep said sir your funds will be immediately available,if not Walmart could of cashed it,kids field trip money due , 5 month old needs diapers, 8 day hold,liars,called back rep said borrow money from my neighbors
Highlighted

Doesn't mean the check is good!  

Plus if I'm not wrong an 8 day hold probably signifies you've had some recent account management issues.

Highlighted

Never had an issue,and bs it doesn't take 8 days to clear a check,,I was lied to point blank 

Highlighted

No 800 billion doller company is gonna write a $523 bad check to defraud usaa 

"Never had an issue,and bs it doesn't take 8 days to clear a check,,I was lied to point blank"

Actually it can take longer - if the check is bad or fraudulent, the issuing bank may not notify the depositing bank a week or more.

"No 800 billion doller company is gonna write a $523 bad check to defraud usaa"

Probably not, but how does the bank actually know that company actually issued the check?

The depository and disclosure agreement you agree to when you open a bank account will give you details on hold policies.