A member for 45 years and I call for refinance rates only to be told "we are not underwriting conventional loans now due to need to restructure the bank"

What is the point of the incessant TV advertising if USAA can not offer mortgage service to its existing members , much less out there soliciting new members.

Not the first time they have lost my business to other banks (like Pentagon Federal) because they could not get their act together. 

Stop selling yourself as "knowing how to serve" when you can't 

3 REPLIES

There is ABSOLUETLY NO WAY I would ever involve USAA in a mortgage.  Run away from a USAA mortgage as fast as possibe.  Shop around, you can do better than USAA.  USAA is not the company in once was.

Hi RedWing14. USAA is committed to fulfilling its core mission, and the refined list of products we are currently offering will allow us to do so to the best of our abilities, with the least amount of risk to our members and mission.  During this time of economic uncertainly, USAA made a difficult business decision to pause offering select products, and to provide the core products that meet our members needs.  This was a strategic decision made by USAA and we will be offering these products again in the future.  Thank you for your understanding and for being a loyal and valued USAA member for 45 years!  I wish you and your family Happy Holidays!

USAA may have paused offering select products but there are many other companies that offer these products at more competitive rates with better customer service.  USAA is not the company it used to be.