Highlighted
Contributor
I'm new here and recently deposited a 300$ check. 300$ not 3000000$ and was told it won't be available for a week. I haven't eaten in days. This is DISGUSTING.A 5 day hold on a payroll check. very disappointed and will be closing this account.

4 REPLIES

Hi K.Chante,

The depository agreement gives details about the length of time you can expect on deposits. If you would like a specific reason to why your check in on hold, please give us a call here at 1-800-531-8722.

Here is a an expert about New members form the Depository Agreement:

depository arg NEW accts.png

Thank you for posting.

Highlighted
I agree that crazy . Normally if the put a hold on a payroll check 1 time . It clears it from the hold the next . It's much easier to have automatic deposit and normally those funds are available a day earlier . If you told the bank that was the only money you had they should have released some of the money . BOA does .
Highlighted

K Chante... so what you are saying is if I gave you a check for $300 you would immediately give me my cash?  You don't know me, you don't know if the check is any good and you have no idea if I am just looking for free spending money.  The bank looks at it the same way. 

I have been with USAA for longer than many of the people who post complaints about holds have been alive.  USAA very seldom holds anything on me, although I generally don't deposit over $2K-$3K at one time.  But as I said, I have been with them a long time.  I have had mortgage loans and car loans and have 2 credit cards.  None have ever had late payments and my accounts never have insufficient funds.  So I get the better service.  But I also have a local credit union account that I seldom have more than $500 in.  I have had no loans with them and no credit cards.  If I deposit $1,000, they will hold it 7 days.  Bottom line is, someone has to learn to trust you and know you are good to your word in order to earn the relationship I have with USAA.  Jumping ship to another bank just makes you start all over again.

Highlighted
You must work for USAA..average every day bank