USAA's Incompetence Made me a Criminal and Had My Driver's License Suspended

Like most USAA customers, I am and always have been a law abiding citizen.  I also served 28 years in the military including frontline deployments.  This is not a boo-who poor me post.  Just a warning to my fellow USAA members.  I pay my insurance bill to USAA every month consistently and I pay my annual vehicle taxes on time consistently.  Well, every time you pay the taxes here in South Carolina they ask you if you have insurance and who the insurer is.  For me its been USAA for the past 25 years here and no change in vehicles for the past 4 years on the wife's vehicle and no change in my Tundra for the past 12 years.  The State doesn't apparently take your word for it and sends and inquiry to USAA to which they must respond and confirm your insurance compliance.  Which in my case they only reported my wife's vehicle and not my truck that has been on insurance for 14 years with everything paid on time every time.  So per the law here, the State declared my registration invalid and suspended my drivers license.  Multiple phone calls to USAA were of no help and failed to fix the issue.  Finally I had to visit the local DMV and wait in line multiple times to get the issue fixed.  If I had been pulled over during that time, I could have been arrested and charged with driving under a suspended license.  All thanks to USAA's incompetence.  The very nice lady at the DMV that helped me correct the situation stated that this was fairly common with USAA.  Please be advised and aware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

C'mon people.  Please file complaints to your state agencies against USAA if you have similar issues.  My state Insurance Commission and the BBB sent an inquiry to USAA within days after I filed my complaint.  They need to be held responsible for their action or in-action.  I can forgive a lot of incompetence, but when you put me in a situation to be arrested like a criminal when I did everything right?  USAA has no excuse for their incompetence.  

View solution in original post

Please sign-in to reply

3 REPLIES

C'mon people.  Please file complaints to your state agencies against USAA if you have similar issues.  My state Insurance Commission and the BBB sent an inquiry to USAA within days after I filed my complaint.  They need to be held responsible for their action or in-action.  I can forgive a lot of incompetence, but when you put me in a situation to be arrested like a criminal when I did everything right?  USAA has no excuse for their incompetence.  

Thanks for the canned response.  I have filed official complaints with the State Insurance Commission and the BBB as well as posting on other social media platforms.  What is USAA doing to fix the issue.  Are you going to continue to subject other USAA members to suspension of their drivers licenses and possible arrest due to your incompetence?  That's my question to my State Insurance Commission and Congressional Offices.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback CDR J as we take our members feedback very seriously and I am saddened to hear of your disappointment, it's never our intent to make our members feel this way. I will forward this feedback to our business team, as we always look for ways to improve and serve our members better in the future. - Ralph