Contributor

Ive been with you for over 25 years. Mortgages, insurance, checking, credit cards, auto loans, savings accounts, IRAs, 529s, HELOC, UTMAs, life insurance, and umbrella insurance over our properties. Everything our family had was with you. It was GREAT.

Mortgages sent away...
Brokerage sent away....
529s going away...

What in the world is going on with the leadership at USAA? You are running your company in the ground. You know how awesome it was to be deployed knowing EVERYTHING financial for my family was in one place? Now, Im linked to PHH for mortgages....Schwartz for all investing accounts...youre sending us somewhere else for 529s. Now my streamlined elevate financial life is a cobweb of relationships.

I cant believe other companies have grown while USAA continues to shrink....

Soon, your company will offer only a cheap checking account.

I'm frustrated and utterly disgusted at what you are doing to yourselves and what youve done to the disparate military families who once looked to you for support.

Can't believe how you destroyed you company,

Ben
Colorado Springs, CO

7 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Carioca, While it is very hard to read of your disappointment, we rely on our member's feedback to improve. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Please know, they have been shared with the appropriate area. ~Danielle

Highlighted

I am going to join with you and say something has definitely changed.  Not just with USAA but overall customer care?

I started with USAA as a spouse of an Officer (1990 to the present) = 30 years.  

Here they are BRAGGING about helping customers and I simply called in to find out if they were going to lower interest rates or if I could apply for a consolidation loan.  Thought it was prime time to get my affairs in order.  

The customer service Rep was either ignorant or rude and neither is acceptable seeing that after 30 years, if I totaled how much money my family has invested, it would be way more than we ever ask for back in claims.

IN FACT - I personally, now being on a policy of my own (not with the originator - my ex spouse), started my policy coverage around 1997 (23 years ago). I have always paid on time and I have two credit cards. My credit is great but again I was treatef very badly.  Did it pop up on her screen I was black? It sure felt like it the way I was treated after being with them for 30 years.

And if they treated me better, I'd have all my $75,000 salary flooding their bank.  Instead I am with US Bank which they provide very good customer care.  They have given me two consolidation loans and I have direct deposit and savings and a credit card.  I am about to go get the $7500 I owe USAA, find me a new car insurance and shut it down!!!

They have definitely benefitted from me, my ex husband and his new family, my sons and yet we are treated badly.

Another friend I know switch out too.  Maybe that is their plan - to close?

I just think its a racket to market a lie - "We just gave back BILLIONS of dollars"  - then why did I only get back $73.00?

I have paid approximately $2,000 over the last year in payments of insurance (car and renters) - no claims

Add my other 29 years of payment with little to no claims and I am certain they earned at least $25,000 to invest.

I think its unfair but ultimately its my responsibility to go find another place to spend my hard earn money. 

YEP - $73 and some change - 48 cents to be exact.   I think I need another company? SMH

Highlighted

@Excellent Driver, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you received anything less than exceptional service from us. I have located your account and your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate are. ~Danielle

Highlighted

I agree with the sentiments regarding outsourcing and loss of focus. I have been with USAA since 1987. My IRA was transferred, I can no longer get an auto warranty for my vehicle which was purchased through and financed through USAA. Recently, after a hurricane, USAA hired an outside inspection service and paid that company $2500 to find that I had minimum damage. I received $1100. Then had to pay over $10,000 to replace my roof. The 3rd party mortgage company also had some "punk" kid they employed call me a liar when I applied for my current mortgage, in an attempt to prevent me from getting a lower rate. I contacted USAA CEO and received a verbal apology from an assistant. 

Voting is open now for new directors. Study the candidates carefully. Some have zero military service. I did not cast a vote for any of them. 

Highlighted

You know, I'm not sure how they're legally allowed to do this.  They seem to have some sort of secure access to servicemember personnel information to be able to verify eligibility and handle some of the other tasks.  How is it that they can then send that information off to these third party vendors?

Highlighted

@ wrote:

Mortgages sent away...
Brokerage sent away....
529s going away...

What in the world is going on with the leadership at USAA? You are running your company in the ground. You know how awesome it was to be deployed knowing EVERYTHING financial for my family was in one place? Now, Im linked to PHH for mortgages....Schwartz for all investing accounts...youre sending us somewhere else for 529s. Now my streamlined elevate financial life is a cobweb of relationships.

Don't forget the credit reports/monitoring being offloaded to Experian.

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way, @Inquiring_Inquisitor. That isn't our intention. I've provided your feedback to our business team that is handling these changes.