Highlighted
Contributor

I was looking for at USAA Community postings to determine whether to take advantage of the credit union, and read a number of negative posts that discouraged me. Some seemed to me to be complaints about deductibles and other issues that one should have known prior to filing a claim, and others seemed to have merit. So, I did some research and found this article comparing military credit unions. http://www.military.com/money/personal-finance/2014/02/19/best-military-banks-and-credit-unions-of-2...

I am proud of my association with USAA. They were there for me when I was 19 and needed a car loan, and have supplied me with insurance and credit ever since. The artilce is consistant with my experience with USAA, and I share it just because I want to balance the scale.

Happy New Year, members.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

JlHunt,

Thank you for your positive words of affirmation and most importantly, your membership.

Highlighted
Thanks for the link to the article. USAA has the best bank in the country but we are moving our IRA's and CD's to Pentagon Federal because they can pay the CD rates that USAA cannot. The best of both worlds seems to be a mix of a couple of the competitors mentioned in the article. My only complaint about USAA's Mastercard is the overseas transaction charges. I solved that little annoyance with a Visa from PenFed.