So I quit using Quicken a few years ago when Intuit sold it to H.I.G Capital. Quicken now forces its users to pay a monetary fee every single year in order to download transactions. This is absolutey ridiculous, and I guess USAA doesn't care about its customers who are now apparently being forced to use Quicken if we wish to download transactions.

I switched to Moneydance which is not only a superior program, but the company does NOT force you to upgrade to continue to use features every single year. I hope USAA is getting a lot of money from Quicken to shut down all of its competitors... Ive been with USAA for 24+ years.. I bank, and have auto, life,  and homeowners insurance all with USAA. Im not afraid to look for a new priovider for all of these services. I believe many others are like me. Im already testing out services from several local Credit Unions and GEICO, I"d rather stay and USAA fix the issue, but so far im liking what im seeing from your competitors.

Most Helpful

ignored customer 999 - Sorry you are have trouble connecting to Moneydance. I would urge you to try the steps below.

Step 1: If you're having trouble creating or retrieving your Access ID and PIN you can do that here: www.usaa.com/accessid

Step 2: Go back to Moneydance and enter your Access ID and Access PIN.

USAA is committed to ensuring members have the ability to share their account information with 3rd party applications. If you are currently not able to link your USAA accounts to a 3rd party application we recommend you inquire with the 3rd party application provider about the different connection options with USAA that are available to you. I hope this information is helpful. - Jason

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES

ignored customer 999 - Sorry you are have trouble connecting to Moneydance. I would urge you to try the steps below.

Step 1: If you're having trouble creating or retrieving your Access ID and PIN you can do that here: www.usaa.com/accessid

Step 2: Go back to Moneydance and enter your Access ID and Access PIN.

USAA is committed to ensuring members have the ability to share their account information with 3rd party applications. If you are currently not able to link your USAA accounts to a 3rd party application we recommend you inquire with the 3rd party application provider about the different connection options with USAA that are available to you. I hope this information is helpful. - Jason

View solution in original post

Hi Jason,

This is the most helpful information provided this far from USAA. Thank you very much for providing this URL! Before this, we only had links to other URLs that already contained a clientID but this seems to generate a unique ID specifically for each user. I'm not sure if the devs of Moneydance and other software have updated their software yet but they will probably need to have the customers either pull this from the URL manually or to have the software browse to the page to extract this information.

Capt_Ahab - Thanks for following up. Glad I could help. - Jason

The access id link only works for Quicken users.  We are using MoneyDance.  This is the problem. We DO NOT want to use Quicken.  

Yes there have been challenges to the Quicken interface as clearly in the past the USAA product manager is not interfacing with the Quicken Product Manager to ensure seamless interaction. However after the required security change by the FRB (regulator) last night finally the download worked well. BTW I believe historically USAA paid them for the privilege of allowing you to download. But now with the new subscription service YOU the client are paying for the service. As of last night this cluster seems to be fixed but sadly the USAA Product Manager does a very poor job of communicating logon changes to Quicken and getting the Quicken prompts changed so the USAA customer know which dang ID and PIN they want. I must say Chase download is a much better experience from quicken. Also the latest reset they only seem to allow downloads from the last 2 days. For me that is a game changer. I will not log on every day to pull my transactions. Just don’t have the time to do that. I was well within the 45 day download window and only got the last two days smh! On the other hand had a fantastic auto loan experience with them yesterday.

Hi @Sher7. Thank you for your feedback. We're still working on improving this service, and I'll ensure your comments reach the appropriate team. Also, I'm so glad to hear that you had a great auto loan experience! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist, or any other feedback you can provide. We appreciate it! ~Holland