USAA Profits From Illegal Transaction; Attempts to BURY the Truth About Merchant Fees by Ignoring Chargeback Dispute

Highlighted
Prolific Contributor

PLEASE FORWARD TO CHARGEBACK DISPUTE RESOLUTION GROUP:

1. On Aug. 26, 2019, the owner of Ozzi's Automotive sent the following email to me in response to my objections over an engine with the VIN removed being placed in my car with more miles than we agreed. First and foremost, this is a "bait and switch" gambit. I believe I'm purchasing a quality engine with 72,000 miles on it; after installation, I'm told it's 83,000 miles and the engine has no VIN (making it impossible to verify mileage on the vehicle - or if it's my engine with the VIN erased). 

"John, The vin # of the vehicle your engine came from is JTDKB20U097738919, it had 83K miles

[recorded conversation refutes this as yet another lie; recall he first lied about 15 hrs labor to

replace the engine and changed it to 25 hrs] on it as you were told when you accepted the

estimate to replace your engine on July 22 [ I did not, however, agree to participate in the

llegal sale/purchase of an engine with the VIN removed] It is the company I purchased the

engine from policy to remove the VIN number from the engine not mine. I called friday

and requested the vin and they left me a voicemail over the weekend."

sent: Aug 26, 2019, 7:56 AM

Laws.jpg

2. A lot to unpack here:

A. First, in a recorded conversation Mr. Minozzi states the engine has 72,000 miles on it, not

83,000. This is yet another hit to his credibility, which no one seems to care about. In a

recorded conversation (legal in Georgia) we agreed to 15 hours labor and he repeated this

several times. But on the detailed invoice - without my signature - he charged me for 25 hours.

This is at the crux of the issue: Ozzi's Automotive's propensity to  deliberately misrepresent

the product and services sold. 

Partial Transcript of Call Re Labor Cost.jpgOzzi's  Automotive Unsigned Parts & Services Invoice.jpg

Now let's take a look at that VIN the engine was allegedly removed from provided by Ozzi's: 

Alleged VIN History Report.jpgHistory Report 2.jpg

As mentioned previously, I paid fair market value for this engine. So to be perfectly clear:

There's no question I'm the victim here. I didn't agree to 25 hours labor (I'll send in the taped conversation).

I didn't agree to an 83,000 mile engine (can add that conversation in as well) and I didn't agree to 

purchase an engine without a VIN.

I've posted and called on this issue no less than 10x already and NO ONE has given me an explanation for 

the refusal to permit the chargeback. Telling me "there was no error with the transaction" or "I was charged

the correct amount" does not explain why USAA is not charging back an item SIGNIFICANTLY NOT AS DESCRIBED or

USAA has no issue profiting from an illegal transaction.

Please help me understand how and why this is acceptable to and consistent with USAA policy. The way it looks from here, the bottom line is USAA earned merchant fees on this illegal transaction and will likely forfeit them if the transaction is reversed. I've carefully reviewed legitimate reasons for chargebacks and receipt of an item significantly not as described is sufficient grounds for a chargeback. Why was this chargeback reversed?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE FOR USAA TO DO THE RIGHT THING?

I'VE RECEIVED NO RESPONSE FROM USAA REGARDING THE CHARGEBACK DISPUTE RESOLUTION.

OZZI'S AUTOMOTIVE ADMITTED TO SELLING AN ENGINE WITHOUT A VIN, I'VE SUPPLIED THE STATUTE STATING THAT IS ILLEGAL, THE CAR DOESN'T WORK, I WAS SOLD AN ENGINE NOT AS DESCRIBED AND THAT'S NOT ENOUGH EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT A CHARGEBACK?

THIS IS BENEATH EVEN USAA STANDARDS.

USAA BBB F RATING.jpg

Can I get confirmation the information provided in OP was forwarded to the Chargeback Group? 

JC told me they don't bother to read the chargeback issues raised in the USAA Community. 

Thank you.