Highlighted
Contributor

I've been a USAA member for over 29 years and am sad they are slowly pushing me away from using their services.

First, they no longer offer homeowner isurance in Florida.  When I bought my new home I had to use a different company.  (The company USAA referred me to was almost $500 more expensive per year than the one I used.)

Second, my auto insurance went up to almost $5,000 per year to insure 3 cars.  I have had no accidents or tickets for almost 20 years.  I was able to use AAA and get the same coveage for less than half the USAA quote.

When I called to ask what ever happened to member loyalty the repr and supervisor could really care less.  It is sad to see a company sink so far in the quality it provides.  I used to rave about USAA and now I'm at the point where my raves have turned into rants.

6 REPLIES

Highlighted
I totally agree! I am a twenty six year member and have noticed USAA isn't the same. The customer service is not nearly the quality, caring and happy group they once were. They are becoming like the big companies. When you get too big - customer service and quality don't matter- the only thing that matters is themselves making more money.
Highlighted
The claims adjusters are the worst. Nothing about usaa is about the customer anymore.
Highlighted

I'm surprised there aren't many more agreeing with this post. I've been a member for over 50 years. In the past 10 years my home insurance (yes I live in Florida) was dropped, I have changed to another company for auto insurance, transferred my main brokerage account and am considering moving my IRA account. Why am I still with USAA? - I have an annuity that wouldn't make sense to move.

Customer service is a joke. If you suceed (have the patience) to deal with the phone answering system, you usually get someone who appears to be a trainee since they have to put you on hold any time you ask a quesion.

Highlighted

The following is my personal opinion and does not reflect the opinions of any other persons entities companies and does not represent USAA in any way. The following is purely the personal opinion of myself, an American exercising the 1st Ammendment rights of the U.S. constitution:

In in my general life experience, a person hired for any a job is only there for a finite amount of time (ie: hired until retired.). Perhaps those who gave the customer experience you are used to have retired or are no longer there?   This is only my opinion.  Millennials have a completely different concept of customer service and in my opinion millennials have a sense of entitlement that generations W and X did not have.  I experience this throughout the service industry from restaurants to banks to clothing stores to insurance companies to government entities.  

What once was standard perhaps can no longer can be sustained due to the generational changes mentioned above.

Just one person's opinion to ponder or ignore as you will.  

Highlighted

I am saddened to hear of all of your recent disappointments with our services. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know it is not taken lightly and has been escalated to the appropriate departments. Thank you all for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns.

Highlighted
I understand that you monitor these communications......... You stated in a previous post that USAA will cover amongst others........... /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Individuals whose parents have or had USAA auto or property insurance Former USAA members who had auto or property insurance......... //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Let me repeat that during 2004-2005 time frame USAA abandoned ALL NEW Property Insurance in FLORIDA Has USAA changed their position since then ?? My Sister is the Daughter of a combat decorated WW II Vet....... she has never gotten USAA Property insurance Then let me tell you the outrage your previous statement stirs MY DAUGHTER WAS DENIED USAA PROPERTY COVERAGE JUST TWO YEARS AGO ...... which led her to cancel her USAA auto coverage,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, your words don't square with USAA's actions response ??????????? happy to furnish a last name USAA numbers whatever it takes