USAA IS HURTING ME AND MY FAMILY - WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN

Highlighted
Former Pilot
Contributor

11/8/2018 - I am not one to complain.  I don't submit negative reviews on products or services.  But I am very disappointed that the company that I have been with for 17 years is hurting me and my family by reporting a late payment on a credit card to the credit bureas.  This (one and only in 17 years) late payment was on my spare AMEX card that I used only because I didn't have my wallet on me at the time made purchases of less than $200.  Once I realized the payment was due/overdue, I immediately paid them.  Long story short... they refused to take this negative report off from 2015.  Everything is affected by your credit.  Every type of loan rate and all of your insurance premiums are affected.  Over time, this can add up to thousands considering the value of the real estate one has and the amounts of insurance needed.  I am a financial advisor, and have many former military members that pay me for my advice.  So now, not only will I never use any of their services again, I will make sure that every single person that I come in contact with, knows that USAA will not take care of their customers, nor will they make any exception whatsoever, regardless of any circumstance.  I've spent numorous hours, submitting requests to credit burea agencies, submitting online requests to USAA, mailing physical letters with evidence of my immaculate credit history and this anomoly with this tiny late payment, and calling them on the phone... only to be told that they used to make exceptions, but they won't anymore.  So, as wrong as I may be in my feelings, and as right as they may be by referencing their rules, I know there is always a way to make things happen.  It is only if the company has a will to do so, and they do not.

If you like dealing with robots with no human compassion or understanding, then by all means, stay with USAA.  As for me and my family, we will not.  I will do everything in my power to be a force against this company, starting with this post.  Word of mouth is a very powerful thing.