What the heck? All my credit monitoring sites and all 3 credit bureaus are reporting my cc as closed by grantor.

I used the card yesterday- It's still listed on my USAA profile with the same credit limit..

What's going on? I don't like these mistakes with my credit info.  

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know what's going on?

Does USAA monitor this site?  

Thanks in advance for any info. 

11 REPLIES

Pikabo, USAA has identified an error where certain member credit card accounts are being reported to the credit reporting agencies as “Closed by Grantor" when the accounts are open.  We are working quickly to resolve this issue and update the reports; however, you can also submit a Credit Report Dispute.  

Thank you for the quick reply.

I did file a dispute with Transunion but the other 2 dinged me with alerts this morning.

If you are aware and will correct it, I would rather not go through the dispute process twice again.

I will give it a month to be corrected and if it persists I guess I'll file the disputes.

Thank you

I just received a notice from Experian that my credit card is reporting as closed???? I did not ask for my card to be closed and am still using it and paying on it.  I see that an answer has been given to do a dispute but if the problem is being corrected, I will wait to make sure that USAA does correct it before I do a dispute.  Please correct this asap as I am sure it will make my credit score go lower.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback on this, @Bamachild. We are working as quickly and diligently as possible to resolve this issue and update the reports. I regret the inconvenience and any frustration this has caused you. - Cathleen

This also happened to me and it is absolutely unacceptable the way this is being handled by USAA. I receved alerts from multiple credit monitoring services about this potentiall adverse closure event. When I called USAA, the phone rep stated that an error occured on 12/18/20. It has been 11 days and no communication about this "glitch" has been sent to affected members, so we're left wondering why the credit bureaus are getting erroneous information. Members should not be finding out about this from the credit bureaus.

USAA continues to decline. Stop spending millions of dollars on commercials and start focusing on your members. 

@ALongTimeMember3689, I regret your frustration regarding this matter. USAA has identified an error where certain member credit card accounts were reported to the credit reporting agencies as “Closed by Grantor" when the accounts are open and available for your use subject to your available credit. USAA has submitted corrections to the consumer reporting agencies. It may take up to 30 days to reflect on your report. In the meantime, I've shared your comments to the appropriate area. - Ben

We also got the surprising notice that one of our USAA cards had been "closed by grantor".  When this is fixed will we be notified that it has been corrected as well as the credit bureaus corrected?

@member75, Thanks for reaching out and sorry for any inconvenience. USAA has submitted corrections to the consumer reporting agencies. It may take up to 30 days to reflect on your report. ~Tom

Thanks for the reply but since the error was discovered 12/18/20 it would have been nice to have received a message about what had happened and how USAA was acting to correct the error.