Highlighted

I moved to London with my family, and we are now considering the purchase of a car. The dealership will only take cash, check, or UK debit payment. My current British bank (Barclays) has a very poor exchange rate, so I do not want to wire transfer USD. Can I request a cashier's check from my USAA account written in pounds at a favorable exchange rate? Any help is appreciated!

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

travelingmacs,

Thank you for posting in the Community. USAA does not issue checks in a foreign currency. We regret that we are unable to assist with your request. If you require USAA to move U.S. dollars to an international bank via wire transfer, please contact us at 1-800-531-8722.

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply. I just noticed your interantional wire instructions include: "Outgoing wire transfer amount (In foreign currency amount and type, such as Euro or Yen.)" For a wire transfered, is the money first exchnaged at the USAA rate before arriving in my UK account? Maybe this is the best way to make this transaction?

Highlighted

travelingmacs,

We appreciate the follow-up. We recommend contacting our Wire Department directly with questions on the process. Our Wire Department is available Monday through Friday from 8 Am until 5 PM, Central Time at 1-800-531-8722. Thank you for being a valued USAA member.

Highlighted

If you don't know the answer, why doesn't a knowledgeable bank member answer these questions then?

Highlighted

Sailesh,

Thank you for posting your feedback in Community. We are happy to answer any questions you may have related to your banking needs. Also, we have a specialized team available to answer specific questions related to bank wires.