Highlighted
Contributor

I am looking for advice. I unfortunatley put my self in a tough situation when I got my car. I was young and uninformed about the consequences. I know have a loan that is too much for me. I am not able to save any money. I am looking for possible ways to get out from underneath it if anyone has any suggestions? I can afford the car payments but that's it. There is little room to save for anything then pay for other needs. I really would appreaciate some help if anyone has any adivce. 

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Thanks for reaching out, @shebsmt. A couple of options you can check into are selling the car, paying off the loan, then getting something more manageable. Or, check into refinancing options. If you're not upside down, refinancing may lower the monthly payment. You are able to apply online, if this is the direction you'd like to go. Simply click Products, then Auto Loans. Lastly, I would suggest speaking with one of our financial advisors. Remember, free financial advice is a benefit of your USAA membership. On staff, we have licensed and salaried Financial Advisors that are ready to provide you with unbiased and personalized assistance with meeting your financial goals. To speak with a licensed Advisor, please call 1-800-531-8722 and ask for Member Advice and Solutions. Our Financial Advisors are available Monday - Friday from 7:30am to 10:00pm and Saturday from 8:00am to 5:00pm CT. - Cathleen