This is when you find out who you can and cant trust, USAA can not be trusted.

Highlighted

I will start this by saying i have reached out to other insurance companies and if you havent, you should.  Geico beats USAA by about 130 every 6 months.  As for the reason i am writing this:

I was going to purchase an RV/Travel Trailer and get a loan from USAA.  I went ahead and contact USAA, recieved approval, and recieved a check.  Once i recieved the check, the world turned upside down due to COVID-19 and i didnt end up buying the travel trailer.  The company i was going to purchase it from said "hey we understand the situation, we will hold onto all deposits until further notice or you can have them returned".  I called USAA and talked with someone who said "i understand the situation, what we will do is just put your loan on hold since you didnt actually go through with the sale".  I said "great lets see what happend in the next few weeks and we will go from there".   A few weeks passed and the world continues to be on its side, so i called back to put the loan on hold.  The lady i spoke with told me "i would either have to pay on the loan and get my money back later if i didnt go through with the loan or to cancel the loan and would have to reapply later" (this is not a bid deal, but its a hit on the credit report).  I understand if i would have cashed the check and signed then i would have been on the hook to pay my monthly payment.  The problem is that i still have the check in my hand and didnt use it.  I didnt want to cancel the loan, i just wanted to wait or put the loan on hold.  My idea to them was cancel the check and reissue it once the loan is back on.  This is why I am in the process of looking for better rates.  I once had loayalty to USAA but in times like these you understand and see what companies stand for. 

2 REPLIES

Highlighted
Hi! I have found in my dealings with USAA that you get a different response depending on who you talk to you. Please don’t despair but call back two or three times until you get the answer you want. Don’t be afraid to ask for a supervisor and crying on the phone or being sad-not mad-always helps. Don’t appeal to reason but try to make someone feel good by helping you. Good luck.
Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear of your situation. COVID-19 has put us all in unpredictable situations. I appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent RV loan experience. It is our goal to provide quality products and superior service to all our members. I apologize for not meeting your needs this time and hope that you will continue to do business with us. USAA continually look for ways to improve our products and services for our members, and your comments will help us do so. Should you wish to discuss your loan in greater detail, please chat with us or call our Loan Department at 1-800-531-8722 or 210-531-8722 or #8722 from a mobile device. Our normal business hours are Monday - Friday 5:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. CT; Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. CT and Sunday 8:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT.