WOW! I wonder why the yields on USAA CDs are so low. 0.03% is terrible. And the yield keeps going down. The local credit union's yield of 0.75% looks great in comparison.

6 REPLIES

Dear @bjs2

I can understand your concern about the annual percentage yield (APY). I appreciate you thinking of USAA for your banking needs and I am sorry you were not able to offer you the best APY. We will forward your feedback for further review. - Jesse 

Some USAA deposit accounts are interest-bearing accounts. Any interest rates provided are Annual Percentage Yields, or APYs.

I griped about the low rates for years, finally got fed up and took my cds to Ally Bank.  Now I get better returns.

Finally moved ALL of my money out of USAA Bank, I can sleep better now.

@BrownieBug, 

To better serve our members, we regularly review our rates to ensure they're competitive and based on current market data. I am sharing your comments with our product management team for review and consideration.

We appreciate your membership and loyalty. Have a great week! ~  Lori C

Lori,

Your statement that USAA CD rates are competitive is baloney.  Back around the 2005 timeframe it was true.  I invested a good amount of money in them.   BankRate.com had USAA listed as one of the best in the country.  Over time other banks passed USAA, we heard a lot from USAA but never any action.  Finally in early 2014 I started moving my money out of USAA, those banks have given me a better return on my money and have treated me better than USAA Bank did.  Please do not refer this up the ladder, I got a call yesterday form "the office of the CEO".  What a waste of time that was.

Smart move.

"To better serve our members, we regularly review our rates to ensure they're competitive and based on current market data."

Been awhile since I read this exact quote in several other responses. 😂 Could be because it's the standard response. They must use the same data source that determines the over-inflated insurance premiums that customers are charged. 😉

CSR: No need to respond. I'm already aware of the process and don't wish to reiterate what thousands of other members have already expressed to your management teams.