Highlighted
Contributor

A few hours ago I had my auto loan refinanced and, although I'm happy it went through, I was a bit disappointed at the APR% but my credit doesn't quite reach 700 so I went with it. 

I just looked at the final documents and saw they listed, and used, a 622 credit score from Experian.  Well, I checked my Experian score right before I contacted USAA and it was (and still is) 667.  I realize it's not a great score but it beats the heck out of 622.  I looked it up and -45 points is impactful.  I have been a very happy member of the USAA family for many years but this discrepancy upsets me - mostly because I can't find a way to address it via written message.  I took a screenshot of the current Experian info and uploaded it but there is no way I can find to attach it to a message with my concern.  

Does anyone know to whom I can send proof of the mistake?  Help!Exp ScoreScreen .JPG

Most Helpful
Highlighted

Hello @TerrisSister, I appreciate you reaching out to us today to share your concerns. I was able to locate your profile and will engage a subject matter expert for further review. Once reviewed they will contact you, we appreciate your patience in advance. -Emily 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thank you, Emily; I certainly look forward to that.

I'm also grateful for your effort and attention.  Cheers!

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

Dear @TerrisSister

I can understand your concern about the credit score. Please note that credit monitoring services use different scoring models. I recommend you check with Experian directly for more details on the score they provided you. Thank you! - Jesse 

Highlighted

Thank you for responding, Jesse, and I appreciate that but I was advised to contact the lender... aka USAA.  I'm sure you can understand my frustration.  Did you see the screenshot to which I refered?  And is there someone in loans at USAA who can spell it out for me, so to speak?  (Sorry, but my disabilty affects my brain and I feel a bit thick having to ask for explanations.) Thanks for listening and, hopefully, steering me to someone with the patience to help.

Highlighted

Hello @TerrisSister, I appreciate you reaching out to us today to share your concerns. I was able to locate your profile and will engage a subject matter expert for further review. Once reviewed they will contact you, we appreciate your patience in advance. -Emily 

Highlighted

Thank you, Emily; I certainly look forward to that.

I'm also grateful for your effort and attention.  Cheers!