Agreed, something has changed recently.

I have had USAA accounts for 7 years and I have never had a problems with deposits, including all methods.

Now, all of the sudden NO FUNDS are available... just made a depost at at a UPS Store on 04/10/14 and the estimated availability date is showing to be 04/22/14 !!!

THAT'S A 12 DAY HOLD!!!  WTH???

It turns out that a lot of people are have similar depository banking issues which began ~1 week ago.  

It looks like this might be the cause, an therefore, hopefully is resolved soon.

My guess is that the issue described below is the problem.

Updated: USAA Takes Measures Against “Heartbleed” Bug
Posted on ‎04-09-2014 at 01:15 PM

USAA is aware of the “Heartbleed” Internet bug affecting many servers. USAA continuously monitors our systems, and we have no indication that they are at risk. USAA has taken and continues to take steps to mitigate any risks. A security patch was implemented for usaa.com earlier this week, and, although we have no indication that our security certificates have been compromised, we are obtaining new “certificates” for usaa.com.

READ MORE:
https://communities.usaa.com/t5/USAA-News/Updated-USAA-Takes-Measures-Against-Heartbleed-Bug/ba-p/25...

It doesn't have to do with Heartbleed.  Having talked to a senior Cust service rep, it has to do with enforcement tp the letter of the law on the new depository agreement which took effect 3/28.

TIME FOR A NEW BANK!

Because USAA is now like one of the big banks focused on profits more than customer service.

Everything takes forever these days with USAA and I feel like I'm dealing with Bank of America or Wells Fargo.  Long wait times, long everything...I've been with USAA a long time and am probably jumping ship soon for a credit union.  Their focus on customer service is gone.