Highlighted
Contributor
Credit monitoring moved to Experian, Brokerage moving to Schwab, Daughter’s education fund moving to Victory, etc. It seems that your once one stop shop for banking and finances has sold out to a new organization and that they are parting everything out. The convenience of having everything in one spot was the main highlight of this financial institution. Please don’t respond with a scripted response. Just, should people start looking to do their banking and insurance elsewhere? Is this place going to sell completely out, or is there a way for this company to stop these transitions and bring everything back in house? Thanks

9 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello and thank you so much for reaching out to us to to express your concerns. We understand that there have been some significant changes that have caused some of our members like yourself to be concerned. USAA has a strong legacy of service to the military community, helping to protect the long-term financial security of our members. We made certain decision and changes that you referenced as part of a concerted effort to simplify and streamline our business, focus on our core products and services, and deliver on our mission. In cases where we do not believe we can offer competitive solutions, we chose to work with providers that can offer better value in the marketplace for our members. The decisions we have made have not changed our commitment to our core products. Please know USAA will continue to provide award-winning customer service and advice on highly competitive products across our core products which are banking, property & casualty, and life insurance. Again we appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns and please let us know if we can further assist you!

Highlighted
So, it streamlines my account to not be able to move money freely between my accounts anymore? I don’t understand. Let’s speak honestly here... none of the changes being put into affect here will benefit any of your customers. The services are already in place and working fine. Also, everything is connected. If we wanted to get accounts in multiple different locations we would have. This doesn’t smell right at all. And I’ve noticed that our information has been being sold more since transferred to experian (solicitors galore now). I really think this institution should consider the values it was built on. To serve those who have served. It seems USAA is serving itself more frequently now. These are not good changes. No matter how you word the SALE.
Highlighted

Hello @Pat371, thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I have forwarded your feedback to management for review. -Colleen

Highlighted

The security related exposure of having to login to multiple accounts should also be a concern.  I spend way too much time in retirement with constant vigilance and installed tools needed to protect financial logins and computer security on a desktop, notebook, and a phone.  The security maintenance regarding identity data theft, and it is theft by taking, involves keeping our online identity as hidden as possible with a truly secure VPN, real end-to-end encrypted email, an ad blocker, pasword manager, and settings within Windows Microsoft keeps well hidden, to keep any data leaking to as close to zero as possible.  The added effort on the consumer's part of having to do all this work is enough, but when all-in-one service is sold into pieces not expected (rightfully so) of the consumer, it is an added security burden on top of the multiple logins hassle.   

Highlighted

And what constitutes your "core products"?

Highlighted

@Vetwife2 That would be insurance and banking products/services. ~ Steven

Highlighted

My security choices:  Norton 360 on the desktop and notebook, Norton Mobility on the phone, Proton Mail Plus (honest-God-end-to-end encryption), Proton VPN Plus, Bitwarden password manager, Acronis monitoring tool within their backup software, occasional use of TOR browser, resetting the DNS leak in Win10, and my countie's court alert for any suspect court filings, PayPal, security features of various settings in our modem and router, and a Hotmail email address for some transactions or communications online, use of Blockstack.org blockchain dapps for storage of critical files and smart contracts, DNC Encrypt Vault for portable encrypted storage on a USB drive, Corel PDF Fusion for encrypting not-really-critical) .pdf files.

No, I don't spend all my time being a security fanatic, but these are mostly my go-to apps and dapps when I need them. 

Highlighted

I forgot to mention 2 factor authentication and Yubikey whenever possible.  

Did I post this to the wrong topic?  Admin, please feel free to move if this is not the appropriate thread.  Sorry.

Highlighted

Here are all the falacies and misleading statements in the canned USAA response.

1.  Having a strong legacy is meaningless unless you continue to exist in the same strong condition.  What USAA is actually saying here is 'Hey we're Mike Tyson and we WERE the Champion of the World so you should believe that we are STILL Champion of the World.  How do you think Mike would do if he stepped into a ring today?  About as well as USAA is doing.

2.  They say these changes are 'We made certain decision and changes that you referenced as part of a concerted effort to simplify and streamline our business, focus on our core products and services, and deliver on our mission. In cases where we do not believe we can offer competitive solutions, we chose to work with providers that can offer better value in the marketplace for our members.'  What they are REALLY saying is 'We found it more profitable to shunt off all the businesses that we could to low cost/low quality third party vendors and focus on growing our presence in non standard insurance markets.  We could have still provided all of these services, but we wanted to increase profits and we had to make a choice, so we chose our customers second.

3.  'Please know USAA will continue to provide award-winning customer service and advice on highly competitive products'.  You cannot CONTIONUE to offer award winning service when you have long since STOPPED providing said service.  You can say you will return to providing this service, but USAA clearly stopped providing even adequate service almost 10 years ago and it continues to deteriorate.  As evidenced by countless, growing posts, your rates are also no longer competetive so you are not continuing in that arena either.

4.'please let us know if we can further assist you' Again, a simple concept misrepresented by USAA.  To 'further' assist someone, you must have 'assisted' them already.  Please elaborate on exactly how you assisted this member?