Dear Community, After what I perceive as several years of declining USAA performance and culture, I am finally moved to post on this site. The recent required banking survey I received was the last straw. I submitted the following to the feedback site today. Did others receive this and what was your reaction?

I am deeply disappointed with USAA's decision to require an intrusive survey regarding the sources, amounts and uses of my checking and savings accounts. This information was required without explanation or context. When I called USAA to inquire, I was told that it was part of USAA's "Know Your Customer Initiative." Here is some feedback about knowing this customer: I do not appreciate overly intrusive questions from my banking partner that infringe on my privacy. If you would like to request this information voluntarily, that would be fine but to threaten to lock me out of my mobile app if I don't respond within three logins is coercive. What has happened to USAA's respectful, customer-first approach? You are behaving as though you are the customer's commanding officers. After 20 years of membership, I will begin exploring alternative institutions for my banking and insurance needs today. I believe you owe your customers an apology for this shameful exercise.

2 REPLIES

@Hiker5, I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment over our service, and your recent experience with our Know Your Customer initiative. It's never our intention to have any of our members feel this way. I appreciate you taking the time to post today. I've elevated your feedback regarding this to the appropriate team. Thank you. ~Holland

I haven't seen this survey but it sounds like so much elite corporate nonsense, like the massive globalist internet corporations who suck every bit of information as possible from their users so they can resale and market it, then banally and disingenuously claim it's so they can "enhance and customize your user experience."

Just another of many reasons to bail out of USA! My husband (37 year member) and I did except for a few necessary banking type accounts, and couldn't be more pleased.