Highlighted
Contributor

I recently logged in to USAA.com to research secured credit cards and found out that USAA is currently not offering a secured credit card product.  Does USAA plan to restructure the secured credit card or eliminate it completely?

Most Helpful
Highlighted

@Bronc2019,  USAA temporarily paused offering the USAA Secured Card to members to optimize the experience and focus on making it more competitive in the marketplace. It’s important to do this work to ensure USAA offers competitive products to members that help facilitate their financial security. At this time, USAA plans to re-launch the Secured Card in 2019. The date has not yet been determined. The goal is to learn from the assessment and provide a competitive product and experience that helps meet the members’ financial needs. USAA will continue to work with key partners to assess the market and identify competitive products that best serve its members. Thank you for reaching out!   ~Tom

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Bronc2019,  USAA temporarily paused offering the USAA Secured Card to members to optimize the experience and focus on making it more competitive in the marketplace. It’s important to do this work to ensure USAA offers competitive products to members that help facilitate their financial security. At this time, USAA plans to re-launch the Secured Card in 2019. The date has not yet been determined. The goal is to learn from the assessment and provide a competitive product and experience that helps meet the members’ financial needs. USAA will continue to work with key partners to assess the market and identify competitive products that best serve its members. Thank you for reaching out!   ~Tom

View solution in original post

Highlighted
6+ months is NOT temporary
Highlighted

Tom, thank you for explaining what is going on and giving the offical response. I would have to agree with the other reply that this has taken a little long to accomplish. I tried in December to set a secured credit card up and it was unavailable and here we are in April with no change. Worse yet there is no update. Since December there has only been two credit cards available through USAA. With the competitive market all around, it does not seem like a smart business move to cancel five of your seven credit card programs without a contigency plan. Please elaborate on this delay.

Local banking options are available that I am looking to if my preferred banking company is not going to be available.

Highlighted

Dear @Ribeye Steak,

I can definitely understand your concern about the delay. We want to make sure we offer the best possible products and services. Therefore, we will re-launch the secured card as soon as it is ready. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you. Your feedback is important to us and will be reviewed further. - Jesse

Highlighted

Thank you for the reply Jesse.

Five months has been a long time to drop a product from your inventory with no back up plan in place. Continuing to show two credit card options available from the seven previous options for five months on your website just doen't make sense in the business plan. I must say that a response of we are working on the best option and will release it when it is ready just does not feel very well thought out business wise. May 1st I will be looking elsewhere.

Highlighted

I'm sorry to hear this, #Ribeye Steak - Rest assured I'll provide your feedback to the team that's working on the secured card option, and I hope you reconsider before you make that decision. - Cathleen

Highlighted

Cathleen,

I have no desire to take my business elsewhere. USAA is forcing a move here. Without more information than we are working on it and it will be ready soon from the community sessions, twitter attempts, and the four phone calls and chat attempts...I really don't know what I need to reconsider. I have been attempting this since December and we are days away from May. 

The ideal plan that I am trying to set up for my children with USAA for their future dealings can not continue to wait for someday to happen. I know things take time but information is a tool not a power move. Right now there is no information disseminating to explain what is going on. If there is information to consider...I will consider it. Otherwise decisions have to be made based on the information available and right now...USAA is not providing anything to help their case.

Highlighted

Dear @Ribeye Steak,

I can understand the frustration with the delays. Unfortunately, we do not have any additional information we can provide you with regarding the secured card at this time. I can also understand your need to proceed with your plan. Thanks for reaching out and I am sorry we do not have the information you need at this time. - Jesse

Highlighted

Refreshing this....looking for updates still....

Would it not be good business to have some information available instead of "no news yet". Six months is a long time to know nothing new.

Is there a direct contact on these credit card issues available?