Highlighted

I know there asre quite a few of us waiting for more information on the secured credit card; however, USAA lied saying it'll be available soon ever since they took it away in late 2018.

I messaged on twitter and I was told this, and this is a copy and paste:

Me

Any information on the secured card?
It’s been a year
This is ridicously frustrating
Sun 4:19 PM

USAA:
Hello Anthony, I am very sorry to hear of these frustrations. We are continuing to work on enhancing the Secured Card product to better fit our members’ needs to build or re-build their credit. Currently, it is not available for new applications. During the first half of 2020, we expect to provide a date when applications will return. Existing Secured Cards are still available for use without interruption. I would like to forward your feedback regarding this. If you could please reply with your full name and email address or phone number associated with your profile. -CO

first half of 2020. . . SERIOUSLY

10 REPLIES

Highlighted

@MyMelhado, Thank you for reaching out to share your thoughts about the Secure Card communication. It is never our intention to make you wait or feel lied to. I will share your post with the appropriate area as previously done as you stated with your Twitter post. We value your perspective. Thank you. ~ Suzy

Highlighted

Well that sounds promising.  First half of 2020 is just right around the corner.  

Thanks for the update.

Highlighted

@tampa3, You are welcome. We have provided the feedback received here and trust me, your voices have been heard. (=  ~ Suzy 

Highlighted
???????????????????????
Highlighted

For myself, I believe USAA has exited the secured credit card market and is not going to return. They used to have a short statement on their credit card page saying that they were working on a secured credit card, but now even that statement is gone.

I know COVID-19 has changed priorities, but I go back to this again - the "tone from the top" - as in senior management. Let USAA Members know what the status is of secured credit cards. Then, an informed Member can make the best decison for themselves. Senior management has room for improvement on how they commuicate with Members - how they have handled secrued credit cards is an example.

Highlighted

Cat Servant - We appreciate the feedback. Your comments have been shared. Thanks for adding your voice to the conversation. -Jason

Highlighted
What a useless robotic response from USAA!! Take a moment and understand what the members are saying and reply with facts and a timeline. That's ALL we ask!!
Highlighted

@MarkMM, we are continuing to work on enhancing the Secured Card product to better fit our members’ needs to build or re-build their credit. Currently, it is not available for new applications. We expect Secured Card applications will return by July 2021. Existing Secured Cards are still available for use without interruption. ~DC

Highlighted
WOW!! "We expect Secured Card applications will return by July 2021."

What a fing JOKE. I'm so done with USAA. So it went from 2018, to 2019, to 2020 and NOW 2021!?!?!?

I'm calling in the morning to close my account.