Saving for a move, while building up credit score

Highlighted
time4change216
Contributor

I'm needing help on saving for a move. I've set a goal to move from Northeast Louisiana to Northwest Arkansas, Southwest Missouri, Southeast Kansas or Northeast Oklahoma by March, 2020.  I currently have approximately $300/mo I can put back into saving for this, but that doesn't put me anywhere near my goal of 50% for a down payment on a house, plus moving expenses & 2 months bills minimal.  I have a whopping $0.00 in savings, and won't be able to put anything towards savings until the Friday after Christmas, as I have to purchase my 4 children's Christmas, and this month's extra $300 is going to go towards Christmas.  I'm trying to save a minimum of $60,000.  While saving, I'm trying to raise my credit score from a 567 to as high as possible. This seems impossible to me, but I think it's a doable goal.  I have a house that I can borrow some money against to fix and put towards the move, and also put my house on the market, but I don't want to pay 2 house notes if it takes a bit for the house I currently live in to sell.  I'm pretty sure I could find family/friends in the area where I'm wanting to move to to live with, but I have 4 kids & that's asking a lot of someone.  I'm needing to see what I can do as far as investments go, or high yield savings, CDs, whatever.  I'm open to any and all suggestions, but no negativity.  I can reach my goal, it will just take a TON of sacrifice.

1 REPLY

@time4change216, I appreciate you sharing your goals with us today. I am a firm believer in working hard and making goals happen! I was able to locate your profile and will share your thoughts with a subject matter expert. Once reviewed they will contact you :) Have a great evening. -Emily

Best of luck on your upcoming goals!