Highlighted
Contributor

I am a new member; I have moved my assets and my auto loan to USAA.  When I first switched everything over, I got a quote to refinance my RV with USAA and the rate was too high.  I paid off all of my revolving debt and am still trying to refinance this loan.  My credit score increased 80 points (yes, 80).  Now, today, I am actually declined.  I called to talk to a human about it, and was told that there was no appeal process. The reason for the denial is completely ridiculous and untrue.  I am beside myself and the rep on the phone kept saying there was no one that could take a second look at the application.  I make almost 150K a year with a 730 credit score and a perfect payment history on the loan in question.  Cannot believe this.....

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

I am very sorry to hear that your loan request was not approved. I have sent you a private message with some additional information regarding your loan application, and I do hope you find it helpful. 

Highlighted

Yes, I unfortunately agree, Our family has been a faithful member with USAA Insurance and banking for over 34 years and based on my experiences, observations & discussions with my friends who have also been with USAA for decades, the company has changed for the worse. Their customer service has significantly declined and the rates have increased, The settlements are in the advantage to the company, not the customer. You are better off looking for the cheaper insurance. Our family is moving away from USAA after 34 years, sad to say, but USAA has grown too large and done this to themselves, especially with some of the directives coming from the CEO. It ties the hands of the company employees who used to be able to do the right thing for our service men and women.

I am a new member; I have moved my assets and my auto loan to USAA.  When I first switched everything over, I got a quote to refinance my RV with USAA and the rate was too high.  I paid off all of my revolving debt and am still trying to refinance this loan.  My credit score increased 80 points (yes, 80).  Now, today, I am actually declined.  I called to talk to a human about it, and was told that there was no appeal process. The reason for the denial is completely ridiculous and untrue.  I am beside myself and the rep on the phone kept saying there was no one that could take a second look at the application.  I make almost 150K a year with a 730 credit score and a perfect payment history on the loan in question.  Cannot believe this.....

Highlighted

@Faithful Mbr, I am sorry you feel the way you do about our service. Was there a specific issue that we can review for you? If you did not receive the service you would expect I would ask that you let us know so we can review. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you. ~ Suzy