Highlighted
A check I wrote for a car payment was processed by USAA, paid, and it brought my account negative. So I deposited (transferred from another USAA account) money the next day. Then the day after that, USAA reversed payment on the check. The chat representative told me it's because they process debits before credits, which would be terrible bc I don't see USAA as trying to dig money out of soldiers for NSF charges like this. I think Wells Fargo does this to their customers, lady I heard Chase doesn't do this, and I guess I just assumed USAA wouldn't. They claim to support soldiers. A phone rep told me it's FCC regulations to process debits before credits. But a quick online search doesn't support that claim. They refunded my NSF fee, which I wasn't asking for bc I did not have sufficient funds in my account to pay the check so I deserve to pay. My problem is that why was the check paid on a li day then reversed on a Wednesday when I had clearly made a deposit on Tuesday to more than cover it? I know that banks often try to tell you you don't understand and that you should manage your money better, but this is real life and I am a real person and there is no reason for it to be unclear or unfair.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Thank you for taking the time to post about this, missyfeena. I regret the confusion and frustration this has created for you. I've requested a colleague review this for you and follow up. Please allow sufficient time for the research to be completed. - Cathleen