whelpseeyoulater
Contributor

I'm a servicemember and I was denied the low interest government shutdown loan. I will not be receiving a paycheck this month, and I am in the middle of a PCS. Be aware that they do a hard pull and even though my credit score is over 760, they still won't grant me a loan. I just purchased a vehicle last month so that's most likely the culprit. Great advertising for a loan they don't give. Navy Federal's deal is much better because they don't do a credit check. I enjoy most other USAA services that I use, so I'll stay with them for the meantime, but this doesn't leave the best taste in my mouth.

Long story short, even those who qualify will most likely not get the loan even though it's designed to help those in dire straits! Maybe USAA should rethink outsourcing all of its application tools (and other services like investing) to outside companies and robotools. USAA needs to independently verify each loan application having to do with the government shutdown instead of running it through the automated loan system.

Please bring back the personal touch to your applications that you built your reputation on, USAA.

3 REPLIES

@whelpseeyoulater - I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed with the application outcome, and will pass your feedback along to the appropriate team. - Cathleen

Hi Catherine,

I have not heard back from USAA regarding my matter, and I will be moving my assets to other institutions once this nightmare is over.

Thanks!

V/R,

Hello @whelpseeyoulater, we would hate to see you leave and would like the opportunity to address your concerns and see what options we have to help. In order to best serve you for this specific request, please contact us directly at 1-800-531-8722. Thank you. -Paula