For a little while I've been seeing duplicate transactions when downloading from USAA to Quicken.

I might download transactions to Quicken but when I do my next download, often the next day, the same transactions will download again.

I survived the download process changes last month.  This started happening fairly recently.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

29 REPLIES

Hello @I Travel and thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding duplicate transactions when downloading USAA to Quicken. Your feedback has been collected and forwarded to the appropriate team. Thank you for speaking up today. ~Sarah 

July 29, 2021

still seeing duplicates.

USAA hasn't really been working on this for as long as has been claimed.

What's really the plan USAA?

Hello I Travel, 

I'm sorry to see you're still experiencing this issue. I have located some information from Quickens Support page regarding this issue and some direction on how to prevent/stop duplicate transactions. I hope these steps will work for you also 

https://www.quicken.com/support/resolution-duplicate-transaction-issue

Resolution for Duplicate Transaction Issue

Product Version

WINDOWS SUBSCRIPTION

MAC SUBSCRIPTION

Overview

Transactions downloaded via Express Web Connect (Quicken for Windows) or Quicken Connect (Quicken for Mac) between 3/16/2021 and 3/23/2021 may be duplicated.  

Note: there is currently a separate issue for USAA customers resulting in duplicate transactions; we are working to correct this issue with USAA.  If you are a USAA customer, you may experience duplicate transactions more than once.

To resolve this issue

If you encounter this problem, you will need to simply delete the duplicate transactions. This will only need to be done once.

To delete multiple duplicate transactions

If you need to delete numerous duplicate transactions, follow the steps below. Please note, you can only delete multiple transactions at once in the account register​. This process cannot be completed in the Compare to Register at the bottom of the Quicken window.   

1. Make a backup of your data file. This ensures that you have a "fall-back" file you can use to get back to where you were when you started.
  2. Select the affected account to view the register.
  3. Click the first duplicate transaction to highlight it.
  4. While holding the Ctrl key (command on Mac) on your keyboard, click each of the duplicate transactions in the register.
  5. Once all the duplicate transactions are selected, right-click on any one of them and select Delete.

Thank you! ~ Lori C

I am having the same problem.

@boxer3357, I'm sorry to learn that you're having an issue with duplicate transactions when downloading to Quicken. Our website customer support team is best equipped to assist with this type of issue. You can reach them at (877) 632-3002. ~DC

I talked to tech support.  The rep supposedly created a ticket #INC5629558.

There was a post on the Quicken forum that indicated they were aware of the problem and hoped to have a fix in a future update. I believe the problem only occurs with people who don't use Quicken Web to store their data.

Still happening...Quicken forums have FAR more information about this then USAA gives out.  Bottom line, it's USAA's problem and still not fixed.

@njpsu, please contact our Technical Support Team at 1-877-632-3003 for further assistance. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you. - Rhonda