Followed the instructions deactivating my USAA accounts on Quicken.  Unfortunately I cannot reactivate the accounts.  Called USAA and robot directed me to a person that I waited 50 minutes to talk to.  That person then directed me to Quicken tech support which stated I had a 3 hour wait time.  I hung up and got on chat.  They recommended I call a tech support number that only had a 30 minute wait time.  After talking to that tech support person she decided I needed a higher level of tech support and someone would call me eventually.  That was an hour ago.  Hope this Quicken connection problem gets resolved soon.   

27 REPLIES

C2CO - Sorry to hear you are having difficulty. We are not able to troubleshoot technical issues via this forum Please call our technical team at 877-632-3002 and say "technical support" at the prompt. Thanks

It would have been helpful if your technical team had alerted customers that you are in the middle of a server update!  For 3 business days I could not download from USAA, but my Fidelity, Chase, and Ally accounts work fine.  Quicken finally sent out a message about the server update.  USAA should have been the one to do so.  It's typical of how poor the service has gotten from USAA.  As a 40+ year customer, I have moved my entire brokerage, most credit cards, and most banking services to other companies, all due to the poor service over the past few years.  Now we are contemplating moving our insurance as well.  What happened to USAA?

@Ken430TX, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the recent issue with downloading from USAA to Quicken. I understand you received notice about a server update that you would have expected to come from USAA. I will be happy to share your concerns on this matter and about our service to the appropriate team for further review. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you. - Rhonda 

Here is a new one for you.  Applies to 26JAN21 changeover.  Deactivated all usaa accounts. followed the steps for te OL-220-a error. Used my new unique access id and access pin.  When re-activating accounts to usaa -new, the hidden default is Express Web connect, not Direct connect.   Not spelled out anywhere in the instructions. When I finally figured it out, I got a cute message from quicken saying that USAA said "You're locked out due to multiple tries.  You'll need to verify your information. Get access ID and Pin here (link)."

Called usaa and explained I was locked out but they couldn't grasp the concept.  Instead they kept trying to walk me through the OL-220-a error steps.  The usaa quicken team is totally clueless.  They say I can't be locked out because I was able to log in on the usaa web page.  Yes that makes sense, but when usaa tells quicken I'm locked out, it is a game changer.  Nobody can do anything to reactivate my accounts on quicken until I'm unlocked.  But I can't be unlocked, the usaa quicken experts say, because if I can log in on the web page, then I can't be locked out.  What am I supposed to do now, ask to speak with Yossarian?  

45 year member, amazed at how this product rollout is so completely screwed up.  Did anyone think to test this out before the launch date?

Yep.  Contact usaa and ask for Yossarian, he's the only one who has a clue.

How did you get your Access ID and PIN?

I have followed all the instructions at https://www.quicken.com/support/usaa-bank-direct-connect-customers-ol-220-or-http-405-error and it says in Step 7: 

Click "Get Access ID and Pin" in the yellow box on the right in Quicken.  This will open the USAA website.   

• NOTE: you must use the USAA Access ID and Access PIN to connect via Direct Connect. Do not use your USAA Bank website credentials. 

Problem is I don't see a yellow box on the right in Quicken and don't see "Get Access ID and PIN" anywhere. Here's what I see (and I did select Direct Connect in the Advanced Options link.

USAA Pic.JPG

What am I missing? How the heck do I get the Access ID and PIN???

Any help is welcome!

Rhonda, this is not an appropriate response.

@ wrote:

@, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the recent issue with downloading from USAA to Quicken. I understand you received notice about a server update that you would have expected to come from USAA. I will be happy to share your concerns on this matter and about our service to the appropriate team for further review. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you. - Rhonda 

The same thing has happened to me.  A one hour wait time for a problem to be resolved is not good customer service.  

It would seem to me that USAA could contact members who use Direct Connect to download transactions and explain the problem and when it will be resolved.

I am having the same problem.  I reset all the USAA accounts this morning and got them working using the new Access Code and ID downloaded from USAA.  This evening I get the same error messages again on Quicken.  I deactivated the accounts, then attempted to reactivate using the Access Code and ID that I was assigned.  Instead it attempts to load my daughters accounts.  None of my accounts pulled up.  Quicken says it is a USAA server problem.  I believe them.  It sucks.