I guess I rarely look at scheduled transactions, but I am curious why only some USAA transactions that are automatic payments show up as scheduled transactions.  For example, why do the credit card that I have with my husband (his SSN) and the mortgage (my SSN) show up as a scheduled transactions, but the credit card only in my name and the insurance bill do not show up as scheduled transactions.  All of these payments are automatically paid from our USAA checking account (my SSN is listed first).  USAA never fails to take the money out of our account.  My husband's membership comes from me.   What am I missing here?   

Most Helpful

Hi there @NSueZ.  Great question. I am happy to provide some helpful information.  If he added them as a future payment under the scheduled transactions tab, then those payments/debits he added would show there.  You can add the USAA payments in the scheduled payments section. This section was setup to help you with an online check register type of feature.  You can add the USAA payments also by following these steps: 

1. Go to the Account Summary page and expand/open (+) the Scheduled Transaction Section if not already expanded.
  2. Select Add a Transaction from within the Scheduled Transaction Section.
  3. Complete all necessary fields.
  4. Click Submit

Manual Transactions that are added with those steps above will appear in the Scheduled Transactions section.  The Projected Balance includes the available balance plus/minus any scheduled manual transactions for the next 30 days and past manual transactions that have not been matched. Manual Transactions can be one-time or recurring. To view manual transactions more than 30 days in the future use the Search feature located on the Account Summary page.

We hope this is helpful in understanding the scheduled transactions feature. ~JD

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES

Hi there @NSueZ.  Great question. I am happy to provide some helpful information.  If he added them as a future payment under the scheduled transactions tab, then those payments/debits he added would show there.  You can add the USAA payments in the scheduled payments section. This section was setup to help you with an online check register type of feature.  You can add the USAA payments also by following these steps: 

1. Go to the Account Summary page and expand/open (+) the Scheduled Transaction Section if not already expanded.
  2. Select Add a Transaction from within the Scheduled Transaction Section.
  3. Complete all necessary fields.
  4. Click Submit

Manual Transactions that are added with those steps above will appear in the Scheduled Transactions section.  The Projected Balance includes the available balance plus/minus any scheduled manual transactions for the next 30 days and past manual transactions that have not been matched. Manual Transactions can be one-time or recurring. To view manual transactions more than 30 days in the future use the Search feature located on the Account Summary page.

We hope this is helpful in understanding the scheduled transactions feature. ~JD

View solution in original post

Ok - I will look at this, but does not make sense for many reasons that I will not get into, but one reason and the biggest is that you assumed that HE might help manage the household finances and HE doesn't.  HE has never set up a payment for USAA in the 38 years we have been married.   

@USAA - I looked at this and HE did not set up anything under scheduled transactions so I am back to my original question as to why two of our transactions that are automatic payments from USAA are under the scheduled transactions and two of our other transactions that are also automatic payments from USAA are not under scheduled transactions.  All four of these transactions are USAA based (mortgage, two credit cards, and insurance).