This is a first... I always pay my auto, home or personal property insurance bills in full the first month they are due. This year I paid my auto insurance bill for 6 months coverage on January 2nd, 2021. I paid the entire premium invoice amount. This month (June, 2021) I get a bill and a series of reminders that I owe $0.01 due on June 4. My auto policy coverage for the 2H21 has already been sent to me and that bill is due on July 2.

I paid in full, I get this bill for one penny. I call to ask about the bill and the customer support says they can't do anything about it - it's generated by the computer system- and for my to pay $1 (minumum they'll accept) and I'll get a $0.99 credit against my July invoice. I this STUPID or what?!? The computer rules over common sense. Tell the USAA COMPUTER SCIENTISTS that they need to understand how bad USAA customer service looks when the computer system mysteriously cranks out a phantum bill - that I have to pay - for a penny during the last month of a paid-in-full account! I expect better form a business that thinks their technology is a competitive advantage.

3 REPLIES

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback @PuzzledToo and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, as it's never our intent to make our members feel this way. I will forward this feedback to our business team, as we always look for ways to improve and serve our members better in the future. Please note that there are no late fee's charged for a USAA Home and Auto policy and this balance can be paid on your next bill. - Ralph 

It really seems that a major emphasis at USAA has become to not have to interact or deal with its "members," members having become an annoying bunch of rabble that they unfortunately need to make lots of money! The CEO makes $5 million a year and needs to be kept insulated from the masses, and what better way to do that than funnel everyone through an obnoxious automated system?

@pkh, we apologize you experienced this and understand how frustrating that must be. We put great importance on the quality of our services and the satisfaction of our members like yourself, so we like to learn more to help us send feedback to appropriate area for further review. May I ask if you could you tell us what happened to make you feel this way? ~ Stacy