PLEASE HELP! LoanCare Holding $ Hostage; Fire Destroyed Home Feb 8, 2015; Living in Cockroach Infested Apt So Small Two Teenage Daughters Share a Bed

Highlighted
Prolific Contributor

MY FAMILY NEEDS YOUR HELP GETTING LOANCARE, WHO RECEIVED THE INSURANCE LOSS PROCEEDS FROM DESTRUCTION OF OUR HOUSE TO RELEASE FUNDS SO WE CAN REBUILD. USAA, PLEASE SHOW THE COMPANY CAN BE A MEMBER'S HERO!

In other posts in this forum I provided - in excruiating detail - how painful it was for me to receive the personal property benefits owed under my USAA homeowner's insurance policy. Home destroyed February 8, 2015 and final personal property payment received from USAA February 4, 2019. Mere days short of four (4) years. USAA, THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT! 

USAA Members, especially those who experience the loss of their home, please help. 

The first and only home my wife I purchased to raise our family was destroyed February 8, 2015. USAA paid, as it should, the loan payoff amount to our mortgage company. We intended to rebuild our home and instead of releasing the funds in accordance with contractual agreements for its construction, LoanCare continues - almost 5-years later - to retain these funds preventing us from rebuilding our home. 

We purchased homeowner's insurance to PREVENT our family from having to living in horrible conditions in the event tragedy struck and our home was destroyed. Instead, the loan servicers (first Greentree, then Ditech, now LoanCare) are reaping the benefits of our homeowner's insurance policy (they've earned an investment return on the funds wrongly withheld). In addition, the loan servicers threw us into emotional, psychological, and financial turmoil by requiring us to pay a mortgage and rent for an apartment for now over 50 months. 

This cost us over $50,000 in mortgage interest expense for funds we were not borrowing (funds wrongly withheld by the loan servicers) and over $115,000 in apartment rent expense - all completely avoidable had the company disbursed funds in accordance with their contractual obligations so we could live in our rebuilt home instead of this apartment, which somewhat hastily picked  thinking we can put up with almost anything for the roughly nine months it would take to rebuild a house. Those nine months turned into almost five years.

USAA, I need to find out how much in homeowner's insurance we've paid USAA since the purchase of our home in Dec 1999. I need to explain, perhaps to a judge, the ~$25,000 in homeowner's insurance we paid was for MY FAMILY'S BENEFIT, not their financial gain. I need to give a dollar amount supported by documentation and our records were destroyed in the fire, so I desparately need USAA's help!

Also, is there anyone in USAA's legal department or other member housing counseling group that can assist in getting the company to release the funds for construction? I've supplied Ditech over 2,500 pages of documentation on contractors, lien waivers, invoices paid, cleared checks, detailed on wire transfers, etc. and Loan care over 1,000 pages of the same to get reimbused for the $100,000 spent (regulations state Ditech is required to share previously supplied documents with LoanCare, but they refused and LoanCare, ironically, doesn't care).

They promised to reimburse us for these over $100,000 in construction expenditures but so far haven't done anything despite hundreds of hours on the phone with their representatives, gathering and providing an never-ending, ever-changing demands for documentation.

So I need:

1. The total in premiums I've paid USAA in homeowner's insurance from 1999 - 2015.

2. Any advice, help, assistance, recommendations on how to get the LoanCare to comply with the proper release of funds so my family can return to some sense of normalcy and build our home.

Thank you,

John