Highlighted
Prolific Contributor

Been on the phone with the terrible USAA customer service.  NOW, USAA is not allowing me to transfer funds to cover a check for 85.00.  I tried to transfer $400.00 into my account to civer the overdraft.  USAA BLOCKED my transfer request (eben though my credut card is the overdraft back-up on my account.  Now, the check will be returned and I will pay a $35.00 NSF fee to USAA - do you see the scam, USAA is defaulting my credit card and not allowing me to cover the overdraft.  Been on the phone for 2 days and about 5 customer service people who basically just transfer you to another service agent. 

Hey USAA, enjoy my 35.00 NSF fee.  When I go home, i will move 2 checking accounts, car insurance, home insurance and a savings account to Bank of America.  15 years as a customer down the toilet for $35.00......you guys really went downhill.  Years ago I used to rave about being a member.  Now I tell everyone that you SUCK.  Much easier to go to Bank of America and deal will a polite human being behind a counter thank take 2 days and multiple transfers and disconnect.  Word is spereading rapidly......you are on a downward downhill ride.  You have to LOVE America - we are free and have many banking choices.      

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Titothedog, I can see you're upset with the handling of your account. I'll engage a subject matter expert to review your situation further. Please allow sufficient time for completion of their review and we will follow up with you. - Ben

Highlighted

I have been a USAA member for approx 25 years.  I also UNFORTUNATELY am a Bank Of America customer.  I'd think long and hard before moving over to Bank of America.  They constantly hold deposited funds.  I've noticed a pattern with BofA that they hold deposits for two weeks every month when my bills are coming out.  My bills are paid on the same day every month, and wouldn't you know, they hold ALL my deposits the days leading up to my bills being paid.  I'm talking every single check I deposit is supposedly bad, from $20 up.  On my deposit slip, they print a note that the issuing bank has told them that there aren't enough funds to cover the checks.  How could this be?  My deposits have about 20 checks apiece, so 20 different accounts from customers from a variety of banks are ALL bad????  We also had a mortgage with BofA.  We were forced into that scenario by the realtor that was representing the seller.  Long story short, BofA screwed up the 3 escrow payments to the MUD, insurance and county tax and paid the same amount to all.  What should have been about 3000 + 1000 + 100 = $4100 was paid as 3000 + 3000 + 3000 = $9000.  This left my escrow account short and so BofA increased my monthly mortgage payment to cover the difference.   Nine months later after paying almost double my mortgage for that extended period of time and spending every single day on the phone with complete morons, they finally fixed it.  Imagine paying double your mortgage for almost and entire year because of DUMB BofA people.  Trust me, you do NOT want to bank with BofA.  They are the absolute worst.