I DO NOT like the new format for my checking account statements.  USAA needs to either show who listed checks are going to or attach a copy of all checks paid.  This is how it was done until recently and was less confusing.

7 REPLIES

I appreciate you providing this feedback on the new statements, @jmorse. You should be able to click on the link for the check within the transaction list to determine who the check was make payable to, if this helps. I'll forward this to the team that handles the updates in this area. - Cathleen

I agree. Its very irritating to go on the web site now.  Every single time I do I have to go into my files on my home PC and see if I remembered to download the images of checks into the right folder if I see a check in thelast 90 days of my transactions. I have two checking accounts so that means I am diggin around in my computer for an hour every time I need to do a sipmple online activity.  Its stupid.  The IRS can audit going back years. Imagine how many checks you'll have to contact USAA about 5 years from now if you get audited.  UGH!

@mememeG, We appreciate you participating in the Member Community. I would be glad to forward your thoughts. They have been forwarded previously and I will be sure they are received by the appropriate area. It is not our intent to make things more difficult at tax time. Some of the features added are things members have been requesting for years such as the running balance will appear next to each transaction and the number of deposits / credits and total amount will be shown. I know those may not be of value to you but wanted to point out that we do take feedback to heart.  I would encourage you to continue to share your feedback as we value your membership. Thank you. ~ Suzy 

Jmorse,  you aren't the only who dislikes the new format!   aside from a phone call from some muckyity muck Secretary to ask about my comments in a snail mail letter to the Board of Directors, nothing has happened. To bring everyone up to date. I am sure that there is a new lump in the carpet in the meeting room where the BOD meets though.

Like we told her he BOD decided what was in our (over 13 million members) best interest. The don't care or don't bother to ask us what we would like they just go ahead and do what they please, because they know there will be nothing else for us to do except deal with it.

@xqzmepleze, thank you for voicing your feedback about the changes to the statement format. We hear you and have forwarded your concerns to the area that collects and manages that type of feedback. As much as we would like to be able to change things for you, we need to be fair to all that submit feedback and channel it accordingly. You may not see an immediate change when you voice your thoughts, but it is the process. We have multiple channels to capture feedback and we appreciate your engagement and use of this one. Thank you again for your membership. ~ Suzy

An update for those who follow this thread. Today, 5/26/21 we received a phone from a MS J with the office of the CEO. Thanked us for let them know how we felt with the changes to the checking and savings statement USAA recently made.

We were told it was a "business decision done to streamline the statements to make the easier for us to read and more secure. This is all spelled out in the account agreement you received when you bcame members. We are not changing it back."

this and all the lip service basically meant, we do as we please and we do not care how you members feel about  so deal with it!

@xqzmepleze, I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the outcome of this call from the CEO's office. -Colleen