Highlighted
Contributor

Buyer beware with Paypal and Ebay.

I used my new Visa from USAA for the first time for a purchase from Ebay through Paypal. Bad decision. 3 days later fraud transactions, $1000, $1000, $599.00 from ROWDY BEATZ, and two approximately $70.00 for a mobile site.

Now the clock is ticking to see how well USAA can clean this up.  I do have legitimate obligations to pay for.

My next step is to find a more secure credit card company.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello Not that I, I'm sorry to hear that your card was compromised. All financial institutions experience fraudulent attempts on their customers’ accounts, as fraudsters are continually improving their methods. This is why we go to great lengths to detect fraud and shut it down. We also strongly encourage you to adopt our security tools like alerts and multi-factor authentication, including biometrics, to keep the bad guys from accessing your accounts. If you suspect fraud on your USAA debit or credit card, rest assured you are covered by our zero liability policy. Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. - Ben

Highlighted

Hello Not That I,

If you are looking for a credit card that would have stopped those fraud charges, I'd recommend getting a Citi Bank credit card because they have a feature called Virtual Account Number.  You can search for it on YouTube and see how it works.  I use it every month for when I pay for Hulu or Netflix and for when I make on-line purchases from websites that I am not too sure about.  I don't like Bank of America, but they have something similar called Shop Safe.