Highlighted
Contributor

I deposited two money orders on 11/03/2014 through the ATM at their location in El Paso, TX, shortly after my funds were placed on a 10 day hold not to be released until 11/14/2014. The next day I called USAA to find out why such a long hold on my money orders since I never had a hold this long on any of my check deposits at any bank. They told that they needed to verify the funds before they can release the money to me in order to protect me and the bank.  I was upset because I didn't have any money to buy food or put gas in my car to get me to work and I also have a 3 months daughter that needs diapers and couldn't buy them so after a fight with a supervisor, there was nothing I could do about it  so it is what it is!.  

On 11/06/2014 I decided to run back to the place where I got the money orders from and see if they have been cleared, I found out that the checks were cleared and cashed the day before. I called USAA again to ask them to release my money since the money orders have been cleared and was told that once a hold is placed there is nothing they could do until the day set for release, there was no other reason. My money is being hold for no reason eventhough they received it already.  This is unacceptable they got the money 2 days later and still wont release it, they don't care I have a 3 months old baby and no food, we been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for 2 days and running out, so dissapointed, I will close my accounts and go somewhere else. 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Arnijay,

You are understandably upset. We want to make sure that we have one of our contacts in the bank review your situation to see if there's something USAA can do. If you don't mind providing a few additional details, by clicking here,  we can have one of our team members review your account. 

Highlighted
Doing the same thing for the same reason. Member since 1998. Happy veterans day.
Highlighted

I just went through that. I deposited $400 with a money order through the UPS store. They released $100 right then, but are holding the other $300! I have bills to pay and we live paycheck to paycheck. When I opened the account I ASKED about this and was told that with money orders the money would be available right then because it was a money order. We live paycheck to paycheck and we need to pay bills! With so few banks you would think that this money order issue would be moot! They should let you deposit cash at the UPS store seeing as that is the ONLY way to have your money available when you need it.